IGNORED

England Squad

Welcome To The Jungle

Unlike Chris Smalling who is a football genius? Look at the competition.

The thing is with Smalling is he's one of Roy's boys. Hes not international class for me.

With Shawcross there's no doubt he's been a good defender in the prem, but that's largely because of his rugged style and at times over physical approach. He has got away with this in the prem but international football is different. I personally think he would get found out.

Looking at that list of players gets me about as excited as the thought of having to wash the dishes, tidy my paperwork, pay some bills and wait the inexorable wait for the next City match to come along... yes.. all of those combined.

The last time I got excited about watching England was Italia 90. Since then we have been on an inexorable decline and it continues. No doubt we will qualify for most of the Euros and Splatter Cups but thats only because we have at least two minnows in the group and because the players, irregardless (yes that was a word back in the 1700's and I want it back cos i like it) of their stratospherically grotesque and undeserved wages, actually do get motivated by reaching a finals only to then miserably fail.

I think Smalling should change his name by the way; it is such a de-motivational word.. little wonder he continues to fail at international level.

Bignot, perhaps?

Totally agree with your main thesis, mind.

Archived