IGNORED

Sports Bar

wurzel

From the things I've heard, it'll be open every day, much like a sports bar/restaurant :)

That is great news if true Marie.. When i am back I can take my Pops in for a quiet drink or meal with Mum.. surround ourselves with BCFC stuff. No doubt parking will be available, free of charge of course, during these quieter days.. if they do that they will have a steady stream of traffic.. because i am usually middle income, middle england and average mr bob... I am the archetypal mr median. if i say it others are usually thinking the same, on average you understand. :)

p.s. The food needs to be good, wholesome, good value and with a good portion oh and there should be a good wine and beer selection ;) .. Get most of that right and they will be a new venue to the area; not that there is much choice right now from recollection.

The food needs to be good, wholesome, good value and with a good portion oh and there should be a good wine and beer selection ;) .. Get most of that right and they will be a new venue to the area; not that there is much choice right now from recollection.

There will be no excuses when Lindleys have gone.

they might have snooker tables, pool tables etc that will bring people in on non-matchdays

Snooker tables would be a good idea, certainly not many left.. Rileys certainly is nice and busy whenever I've been in the past.

I've been in the bar in newcastles ground before (shearers I think it's called) and can imagine it being something like that. They had weatherspoons style food, average priced drinks, lots of tvs and a couple of pool tables.

I went there on a weekday lunchtime and it was fairly busy with direct access to the club shop. They had tvs in the club shop showing highlights and collections of best goals.

If ours was like this and showed live sport every night I could imagine it being well used, they could even start a pool team/league in there which would get people in.

I've been in the bar in newcastles ground before (shearers I think it's called) and can imagine it being something like that. They had weatherspoons style food, average priced drinks, lots of tvs and a couple of pool tables.

I went there on a weekday lunchtime and it was fairly busy with direct access to the club shop. They had tvs in the club shop showing highlights and collections of best goals.

If ours was like this and showed live sport every night I could imagine it being well used, they could even start a pool team/league in there which would get people in.

NLBR want to do something similar, but they are going to show a selection of best throw-ins.

I've hoped ours will be something like Shearers. 

No need to apologise.

I've noticed recently, on this forum, that several contributors use the expression "average football fan" to explain various opinions. How does one define the "AFF"?

Working class would surely be the most average of football fan. I would say the majority of football fans watch their penny's. Therefore cost would be probably the biggest factor of the average fan.

Wetherspoons standard food would be fine for me.

My local caff is run by Turks and does traditional basic English food including a very acceptable roast dinner. I eat there regularly, and I've never died of food poisoning.

Mind you, it does make me wonder whether I'd have the nerve to set up a kebab stall in Istanbul ;)

That's the ones!

Followed by the conversation with a member of staff...

Punter: Got any more flights? These is all ripped.

Barman: Yeah, we can sell you some for a tenner.

Punter: Don't bother, here, have your darts back. Can I have me fiver?

Barman: No. The flights is all ripped, innum.......

And so the arguments start.

Followed by the conversation with a member of staff...

Punter: Got any more flights? These is all ripped.

Barman: Yeah, we can sell you some for a tenner.

Punter: Don't bother, here, have your darts back. Can I have me fiver?

Barman: No. The flights is all ripped, innum.......

And so the arguments start.

I can see you've been there too :(

Archived