IGNORED

Academy Staff Leaving

Bristolcityyatton

Regarding the loss at Oxford, City had 5 players playing with pro contracts beyond their scolarship agreement.

I can not see the reasoning in offering pro contracts so early (except for Joe Morrell who was being courted by Liverpool) better to "keep them hungry" and reward them later, if warranted.

I am pretty sure that the Oxfords side did not include 5 players with pro contracts.

Who were the five pro`s mate who played that night ?

Joe Morrell, Ben Last, Zac Vyner, Tom Fry, Connor Lemonheigh Evans.

Plus Marley Bishop who was not playing.

Agreed, that they could be poached by other academies but that is only if there is interest from other clubs and history will tell you that there is no chance of all 6 of these players progressing to the first team.

Agreed, that they could be poached by other academies but that is only if there is interest from other clubs and history will tell you that there is no chance of all 6 of these players progressing to the first team.

all of those are the better acadmeny players, as for moving onto the first team, you just don't know, players develop at different rates,

Cheers mate

Are  Ben last and Tom Fry really pros ?

Havent heard anything of Marley Bishop for a while after the article  in the paper with SC talking about him any reason for this? injured maybe ?????

all of those are the better acadmeny players, as for moving onto the first team, you just don't know, players develop at different rates,

Yes. I agree with you to a degree but my personal opinion is that pro contracts, except for Joe Morrell, were handed out a bit premature.

The point I am trying to make (perhaps not too well) is that with 5 players deemed worthy of pro contracts should they be losing to Oxford?

Yes. I agree with you to a degree but my personal opinion is that pro contracts, except for Joe Morrell, were handed out a bit premature.

The point I am trying to make (perhaps not too well) is that with 5 players deemed worthy of pro contracts should they be losing to Oxford?

man united lost 4-0 to Mk Dons, Coventry lost 2-1 to Worcester City, Warrington beat Exeter 1-0

These results happen

to say the players don't deserve pro contracts because they lost to oxford is wrong, these are devloping players not seasoned pro's they need time to develop,

If Tom Fry got picked up by liverpool because we hadn't tied him up to a pro contract early on there will be outrage

According to my contact, yes, they have been give pro contracts.

The point I am trying to make (perhaps not too well) is that with 5 players deemed worthy of pro contracts should they be losing to Oxford?I think none of us will

I think is not totally out of the question that these lads will not make it to the first team think crew are a good example of this I may be wrong but a few season ago they had a full line up of kids that had come exclusively from there academy .

man united lost 4-0 to Mk Dons, Coventry lost 2-1 to Worcester City, Warrington beat Exeter 1-0

These results happen

to say the players don't deserve pro contracts because they lost to oxford is wrong, these are devloping players not seasoned pro's they need time to develop,

If Tom Fry got picked up by liverpool because we hadn't tied him up to a pro contract early on there will be outrage

At no point did I say that these players were not good enough, I questioned the timing of them being given pro contracts.

Again, what I am trying to say (not too well) is that perhaps the coaching staff are not getting the results they should, from a group of highly rated players.

These results happen

I think you are missing his point. Sometimes it feels like you don't always read what you are replying to and just hammer out a stream of consciousness as quick as possible!!

I think you are missing his point. Sometimes it feels like you don't always read what you are replying to and just hammer out a stream of consciousness as quick as possible!!

the point as I saw it was that we shouldn't of lost to oxford because we had 5 pro's in the side which must mean we are the better team,

The point I'm trying to make is that the better team on paper doesn't always win regardless of how they play, thats why football is unpredictable,

Its his son! so excuse him for being obsessed as you say !

Dave Horseman was one of only two good  coaches at the club the other being Trevor Challis how long he will last is anybody's guess .

After the u18s very disappointing exit from the youth cup last week there was an emergency meeting regarding the recent results that Carlos Antons side have had lately .

Alex ball was ****** over when Brian Tinnion brought in Carlos Anton, but it looks like it worked out well for him what with him getting a better job at Southampton who can only be described as a super academy .

Wait, the Maddox lad that left for Chelsea is Dave Horseman's son? How does that work?

Wait, the Maddox lad that left for Chelsea is Dave Horseman's son? How does that work?

He's definitely related to Maddox, can remember seeing him say something about it around the time he left.

Going off on a tangent, the other lad we lost to a Cat.1 club, Herbie Kane, is a bit City fan and stayed loyal to his roots, despite going to LFC. And on another tangent, in that interview one of the fanzines did with Tinnion, he said something about us potentially having first option on released players at certain Cat.1 clubs,  did this ever materialise? Jack Alexander did join us from Liverpool, so it might be the case.

Archived