IGNORED

Academy Staff Leaving

Bristolcityyatton

looks like the academy has lost two staff recently:

alex ball to southampton

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/alex-ball/7a/64a/4a2

and dave horseman to watford

http://www.watfordfc.com/news/article/141107-academy-david-horseman-appointed-2068804.aspx

given that they have moved to higher league clubs i presume they are good coaches. hope we can adequately replace them and they don't poach our best youngsters for their new clubs!

I don't know about Watford but I thought Southampton had an excellent academy, so anyone going there would be an opportunity they couldn't refuse. I guess like most jobs people come and go so no doubt we can replace quite seamlessly.

I don't know about Watford but I thought Southampton had an excellent academy, so anyone going there would be an opportunity they couldn't refuse. I guess like most jobs people come and go so no doubt we can replace quite seamlessly.

Very true. Two to four years is now the average time in a job, so it is not unusual to have some employees leaving now and then.

Watford have a fantastic youth team with plenty of quality players coming through

No, no.  Ray White's comment.

I was agreeing with you.

Tbh you are entitled to believe what you want. Maybe I should rephrase what I originally said regarding the shoestring budget which was wide of the mark. The budget is obviously there, but it is very tightly controlled (perhaps correctly) but I still stand by what I said about it being poorly run in comparison with academies of a similar level. I am not usually negative towards the club and I would love to see us producing a greater number young players for the first team but I can't see it happening any time soon.

Tbh you are entitled to believe what you want. Maybe I should rephrase what I originally said regarding the shoestring budget which was wide of the mark. The budget is obviously there, but it is very tightly controlled (perhaps correctly) but I still stand by what I said about it being poorly run in comparison with academies of a similar level. I am not usually negative towards the club and I would love to see us producing a greater number young players for the first team but I can't see it happening any time soon.

Hazarding a guess, was your son released recently?

This issue (and how it was somehow tenuously linked into every other topic) has never been the same since the passing of the late, great ashtonyate. R.I.P.

Without him steadfastly refusing to budge an inch and his dyslexic use of the English language, I just can't get into it anymore :(

Horseman was obsessed with Maddox who it seems he is related to in some way.

Will the club be disappointed ??? Anyone know ? He was with us for some time. 

Its his son! so excuse him for being obsessed as you say !

Dave Horseman was one of only two good  coaches at the club the other being Trevor Challis how long he will last is anybody's guess .

After the u18s very disappointing exit from the youth cup last week there was an emergency meeting regarding the recent results that Carlos Antons side have had lately .

Alex ball was ****** over when Brian Tinnion brought in Carlos Anton, but it looks like it worked out well for him what with him getting a better job at Southampton who can only be described as a super academy .

Nope, I am just a keen observer. You yourself have said that we won't see any rewards for a few more years so clearly you take an interest too and have some idea how it is being run at present.

Yep, I do. Have had a couple of my players go up for some trials and coaching and it's been a mixed bag, but certainly a massive improvement and the steady development of the academy will reap rewards in the years to come. 

We all want to see instant results with academies, but it's about the only thing where long-term plans are forced. Any changes to the academy in the last few years won't have any real effect until the youngest age groups reach the end of their youth-team careers. That's just the way it's always been.

Yep, I do. Have had a couple of my players go up for some trials and coaching and it's been a mixed bag, but certainly a massive improvement and the steady development of the academy will reap rewards in the years to come.

We all want to see instant results with academies, but it's about the only thing where long-term plans are forced. Any changes to the academy in the last few years won't have any real effect until the youngest age groups reach the end of their youth-team careers. That's just the way it's always been.

Ah I realise who this is, good to have you back

Its his son! so excuse him for being obsessed as you say !

Dave Horseman was one of only two good  coaches at the club the other being Trevor Challis how long he will last is anybody's guess .

After the u18s very disappointing exit from the youth cup last week there was an emergency meeting regarding the recent results that Carlos Antons side have had lately .

Alex ball was ****** over when Brian Tinnion brought in Carlos Anton, but it looks like it worked out well for him what with him getting a better job at Southampton who can only be described as a super academy .

Regarding the loss at Oxford, City had 5 players playing with pro contracts beyond their scolarship agreement.

I can not see the reasoning in offering pro contracts so early (except for Joe Morrell who was being courted by Liverpool) better to "keep them hungry" and reward them later, if warranted.

I am pretty sure that the Oxfords side did not include 5 players with pro contracts.

Archived