IGNORED

Clubs You Respect

TheKeynshamPele

Baines had played 145 times for Wigan

Coleman? Since when was he English?(and they brought him)

Osman yes 100%

Same with Rodwell

Since when did the players have to be English? The original poster said "home grown talent", which to me is young players who have developed at the club rather than being brought in.

I admit I had forgotten Baines was with Wigan as he is an Evertonian and has been with them a long time now. Nevertheless, they signed a young, local lad and have improved him dramatically, when they could have signed a foreigner, which I think counts for the purposes of this discussion.

Since when did the players have to be English? The original poster said "home grown talent", which to me is young players who have developed at the club rather than being brought in.

I admit I had forgotten Baines was with Wigan as he is an Evertonian and has been with them a long time now. Nevertheless, they signed a young, local lad and have improved him dramatically, when they could have signed a foreigner, which I think counts for the purposes of this discussion.

don't bother arguing, because they aren't playing for a international team or a top 2 team they don't count as being developed by the club, they must of been plucked out of thin air and had no coaching what so ever,

Man Utd, not everyone's favourite club admittedly but the fact they won so many trophies with a core of their home grown academy players is pretty amazing and will never happen again in English football.

Always hated them. During the eighties they were the self proclaimed biggest club in the world even though they hadn't won the league for 20 odd years. And now i can't stand how their fans especially away fans sing anti England songs all the time. Mancs= scum. On the positive side Everton, Villa, Spurs.  All proper clubs, lots of history but all underachieving. 

AFC Wimbledon, for obvious reasons. 

Further afield - Borussia Dortmund. Superb football, brilliant stadium, cheap tickets, great (and loyal) manager, many loyal players, amazing support. A club with heart and soul. 

I agree totally with the Dortmund comment

Sadly, they're having some of their heart and soul torn out by Bayern (who did help save them from the brink of financial meltdown I suppose), who's new transfer policy is just to sign Dortmund's best player every season.

Athletic Bilbao, one of only three clubs never relegated from La Liga but who won't compromise on their beliefs.

You cannot play for the Basque club if you aren't Basque.

Their all encompassing academy set up in the Basque part of Spain has to be seen to be believed, they run something like twenty teams from age 7 upwards.

Athletic Bilbao, one of only three clubs never relegated from La Liga but who won't compromise on their beliefs.

You cannot play for the Basque club if you aren't Basque.

Their all encompassing academy set up in the Basque part of Spain has to be seen to be believed, they run something like twenty teams from age 7 upwards.

From the "Greater Basque Country" which also incorporates parts of France. Bixente Lizarazu played for them.

Always hated them. During the eighties they were the self proclaimed biggest club in the world even though they hadn't won the league for 20 odd years. And now i can't stand how their fans especially away fans sing anti England songs all the time. Mancs= scum. On the positive side Everton, Villa, Spurs.  All proper clubs, lots of history but all underachieving.

Absolutely, I went to see Spurs v Man U a few years ago and the United fans sang 'Argentina, Argentina' non stop pretty much for the whole game.

Still can't get my head around what that was about. I knew guys who perished in the Falklands conflict and can't understand why the Mancs glorify in the other side to that war.

Can anyone enlighten me??

From the "Greater Basque Country" which also incorporates parts of France. Bixente Lizarazu played for them.

Yep and they have a young defender now, Aymeric Laporte who is also a French born Basque.

To them though it is a regional identity thing and I love that about them, imagine if our entire playing squad were born in the West Country?

For instance when they bought an ex player back (Aduriz, their current main striker) they knew the selling club (Valencia, I think) could ask more from them because they limit their own market, but they don't care.

Their fans were polled a few seasons ago as to whether they'd change their stance if it meant avoiding relegation, well over 90% said no.

Absolutely, I went to see Spurs v Man U a few years ago and the United fans sang 'Argentina, Argentina' non stop pretty much for the whole game.

Still can't get my head around what that was about. I knew guys who perished in the Falklands conflict and can't understand why the Mancs glorify in the other side to that war.

Can anyone enlighten me??

It was their way of supporting Beckham after his sending off against Argentina. They continued to chant it for years afterwards (probably still do) to suggest that they are Man United and they couldn't give a **** about England.

Personally speaking it just enhanced my opinion of Man U fans as complete c0cks

Archived