IGNORED

Clubs You Respect

TheKeynshamPele

Absolutely, I went to see Spurs v Man U a few years ago and the United fans sang 'Argentina, Argentina' non stop pretty much for the whole game.

Still can't get my head around what that was about. I knew guys who perished in the Falklands conflict and can't understand why the Mancs glorify in the other side to that war.

Can anyone enlighten me??

They sang it in support of Veron, Heinze and Tevez and now Rojo.

I respect Man Utd for the class of 92. Brilliant story. Also Sir Matt Busby rebuilding after Munich. Losing so many brilliant players to rebuild after the devastation and win the European cup 10 years later. Fair play.

Burnley fC for me

Population of their town less than 100k

Not massive support, but what they have are vociferous and travel well, Stuck in the middle of premiership giants and stay loyal to the cause.

A good friend that is no longer with us loved his clarets to the end and we always enjoyed our trips to turf moor.

Happy memories.

I respect Man Utd for the class of 92. Brilliant story. Also Sir Matt Busby rebuilding after Munich. Losing so many brilliant players to rebuild after the devastation and win the European cup 10 years later. Fair play.

Class of 92 had some great young English players

That was 22 years ago

Since than how many great English players have Utd produced?

It started in 1998 when Beckham was sent off against the Argies & every other footy fan and the press were blaming him for the defeat

Veron and the rest came much later

I gained a lot of respect for PNE when we were promoted at their place a good few years ago. Their supporters applauded our team back onto the pitch IIRC and I'm glad we did the same for them a couple of years later. I would be delighted to see them promoted, as long as we go up ahead of them, obviously!

Dortmund are a football club master class nowadays for the fans experience. It's absolutely incredible and I would commend any City fan to go there, even if only once. Another decent German trip is St Pauli in Hamburg, that's another cracking experience. The gas claim to have links with them but, after asking at St Pauli, it's a one way link.

It started in 1998 when Beckham was sent off against the Argies & every other footy fan and the press were blaming him for the defeat

Veron and the rest came much later

To be fair Beckham was treated very badly at every ground he went to after that. The Boleyn ground especially. Can't blame them standing up for one of their players.

Nice try chief but this was in October 1999 - before Veron's time. So which player were they singing 'Argentina' to support in 1999???

What makes you think football 'should' be affordable for all? I'm genuinely interested, not an attempt to belittle.

Do you not see it like other consumable products? You purchase what you can afford.

I can't afford a ferrari, so I might get a Ford. I can't afford to watch Arsenal, but I'm sure I could afford a season ticket at Boreham Wood.

Because of the roots of football as the working mans game. Because football clubs should serve the communities in which they reside and therefore be socially inclusive.

Football is definitely not like any other consumable product.

Archived