IGNORED

Success Not Good For Otib

handsofclay

In the last few days posters on here have been getting really hot under the collar about poppies, Celtic, Ched Evans to name but a few. I'm starting to wonder if this is what success does. We can't all be as one and lay into the team so we start fragmenting and laying into each other. Jeez, if we had been Man Utd all these years Bristol wouldn't exist anymore it would've been nuked because one camp held different views to the other as to whether someone had the right not to wear a poppy!

We are all City fans and Englishman born under the same sun. Let's love each other and enjoy the on the pitch success.

In the last few days posters on here have been getting really hot under the collar about poppies, Celtic, Ched Evans to name but a few. I'm starting to wonder if this is what success does. We can't all be as one and lay into the team so we start fragmenting and laying into each other. Jeez, if we had been Man Utd all these years Bristol wouldn't exist anymore it would've been nuked because one camp held different views to the other as to whether someone had the right not to wear a poppy!

We are all City fans and Englishman born under the same sun. Let's love each other and enjoy the on the pitch success.

people need to vent moaning about football is one of these, as there is very little to moan about at the moment posters are finding other things they feel strongly about,

all very healthy to be honest,

I can tell that you're relatively new to Otib.

We've always been an opinionated bunch, that helps make this forum so diverse.

One of the better forums too. Most people behave properly which means we can have a debate without it degenerating into vile abuse as many forums do.

It always seems odd that when we are losing, everyone gets blamed from Manager to Tea boy on various threads, often repeating other threads of the same nature. When we are doing well however it seems peoples capacity to say something nice is more limited or they are happy to reply to a thread that matches their views, rather than starting their own.
I doubt they keep stats on this, but it would be interesting to see how many times the Mods have to merge threads during troubled times compared to the better ones.

• Admin

One of the better forums too. Most people behave properly which means we can have a debate without it degenerating into vile abuse as many forums do.

It is now, that numerous users have been given an extended holiday - though still a few "special" people creep up occasionally

Do not forget that some of us are Welsh and City through to the core.

It always seems odd that when we are losing, everyone gets blamed from Manager to Tea boy on various threads, often repeating other threads of the same nature. When we are doing well however it seems peoples capacity to say something nice is more limited or they are happy to reply to a thread that matches their views, rather than starting their own.

I doubt they keep stats on this, but it would be interesting to see how many times the Mods have to merge threads during troubled times compared to the better ones.

In yesterdays London Evening Standard, Adebayor is saying that he feels better playing away. He says it is not the players or fans fault that they have lost four of last five home games. Then it must be the manager?

Of course it is the players who are responsible!

Actually I have been on here sporadically for a few years as didn't have permanent online access but now I have. I originally posted as handsofclay but forgot my password and my email address had changed so had to sign in with a new name hence the 1909 addition. 

I agree with a lot of what has been stated and I am sorry for restricting Bristol City fans to Englishmen as I have now discovered we have fans in all nations who even share the same sun. Of course there also Englishwomen who support City. I suppose I use the term Englishmen to represent decency and gentlemanly conduct but that doesn't mean non ENGLISHMEN aren't capable of exhibiting such traits and sometimes women do as well.

In yesterdays London Evening Standard, Adebayor is saying that he feels better playing away. He says it is not the players or fans fault that they have lost four of last five home games. Then it must be the manager?

Of course it is the players who are responsible!

Completely missing my point but ok......

I think I'm fairly consistent in the nonsense I tend to spout!

What is true is that when things are going well, people are less likely to speak up. The bus I court today was on time, but I didn't bother to mention this to the driver. Had it been three quarters of an hour late, I would have done more than just mention it.

As for intensity of debate, it is natural, especially where high levels of testosterone is present for people to 'lock horns'. The subject matter is virtually irrelevant.

He further compounds this by stating that the bus was on time but had it been 45 mins late he would've been very upset. I take from this that he means that for 45 mins he would've felt like the bus had stood him up! Enough to get anyone  hot under the collar. Tbf I did say that we should love each other regardless of race or gender. It's my oversight that I forgot to add and regardless of cc.

Wouldn't be surprised if some berk (hmm, haven't used/heard that word for ages, berk, I like it :) ) anyway its probably only a matter of time before some berk on here starts posting Norman Wisdom films..

The forums that far gone!

'Berk' is actually a very offensive word - it's part of cockney rhyming slang - it's short for 'Royal Berkshire Hunt' - so you can obviously work out what you are calling someone by saying they're a Berk in the world of rhyming slang...!

'Berk' is actually a very offensive word - it's part of cockney rhyming slang - it's short for 'Royal Berkshire Hunt' - so you can obviously work out what you are calling someone by saying they're a Berk in the world of rhyming slang...!

I am struggling to guess the rude word that rhymes with 'bark' as that is how it is pronounced...

Archived