IGNORED

New Players Needed.

stephenkibby.

So as we progress in all competitions its clear we need more players.

if burns is now injured it leaves us with just 3 forwards.

weve been lucky with injurys and suspensions  but as the season goes on with our small squad this has to catch up with us.

We must be the only team in the division without any players on loan {I know that's good}

But we will never have this chance again. so how many new faces do you think we need to see the job through?

Interesting question. The approach this year seems to have been quality over quantity, which seems to be working well.

We have been pretty lucky so far, and hope Burns knock is only minor. I assume the second part is if we get very short, to look at loans. Think we are ok for now, but will be interesting to see if we pick up a squad player or two in January, assuming we lose no one!

Thing is we 've been very lucky this year with injuries.I can't remember a game where we have made more then one sub due to injuries . If wilbs or agard got injured we only have two strikers if burns is long term .

This goes for a few places in our squad but this what the loan market is for , if needed and Cotteril made good loan signings last season .

Is it not a bit of a challenge to arrange a loan signing to 'strengthen the squad' as opposed to play regular first team football?

- Player not happy about coming to sit on a bench

- Other team not happy that said player gets no real game time to find form

- BCFC shell out a load in wages to someone who neither plays or forms part of long term plans.

Still if we catch a club and player drunk and get them to say yes, and our wage bill is not a concern, I say go for it. How many should we go for?

I expect if we are top come January, we will be looking to bring in a Championship proven striker, as lets be honest Burns is okay in League One but he'll be further down the pecking order if we're promoted. Wilbraham surely won't be a week in week out starter, JET is not a natural striker and is yet to prove himself in the Championship. This leaves us just Agard as a natural striker. I reckon we'll bring in someone with Premier League experience currently playing in the Championship in January to play up front to help with the promotion push but to be a starter next season and No I don't wish this to be the return of Baldock !

Is it not a bit of a challenge to arrange a loan signing to 'strengthen the squad' as opposed to play regular first team football?

- Player not happy about coming to sit on a bench

- Other team not happy that said player gets no real game time to find form

- BCFC shell out a load in wages to someone who neither plays or forms part of long term plans.

Still if we catch a club and player drunk and get them to say yes, and our wage bill is not a concern, I say go for it. How many should we go for?

Can't believe that we wont try and strengthen in January, maybe opens the door on players in last years of their deal etc?

The club made the mistake in the past not pushing on and improving the side - lets hope history does not repeat itself

Agreed.

In 2008 Stoke strengthened, we didn't.

Rest is history!

Probably get slaughtered for this but dexter blackstock on loan for rest of season anyone only made 1 appearance this season for forest, featured alot under cotterill

I'd take him without a doubt. If fit and hungry he'd score a hatfull in L1. I fully believe if we are top come January then we'll sign two or three top quality players to push us over the line but with the required quality to be good enough for the Championship.

For me this would be a CH, CM and tall striker. Or perhaps steal a top L2 player with potential.

Probably get slaughtered for this but dexter blackstock on loan for rest of season anyone only made 1 appearance this season for forest, featured alot under cotterill

Obviously purely speculative but agree on Blackstock. I've always quite rated him and would be great in L1. Would just hope he still has the motivation... but getting that out seems to be Cotts' biggest strength.

What are you guys talking about?

Don't get anyone in. Don't mess with the squad chemistry. if someone gets injured, then get in a loan. Otherwise, leave it alone.

Get in another striker and deny Burns any opportunity for playing time this season? Don't be ridiculous. While we're riding high, use the opportunity to see what Burns has in the odd sub appearance or cup start.

Save the cash for next season when we can attract bigger names.

To be honest unless we field more acdamey players in cup runs we need a few more players or like it or not we will get more injuries .

Also competition for places is a healthy thing to have , if we get injuries the bench player need to be replaced nd if we want to win the title fielding adacdemy players won't work unless then happen to be good enough which I'm not saying they aren't but just look at the champ year where hull strengthend with a few quality signings e.g Frazier campbell.

What are you guys talking about?

Don't get anyone in. Don't mess with the squad chemistry. if someone gets injured, then get in a loan. Otherwise, leave it alone.

Get in another striker and deny Burns any opportunity for playing time this season? Don't be ridiculous. While we're riding high, use the opportunity to see what Burns has in the odd sub appearance or cup start.

Save the cash for next season when we can attract bigger names.

When we go up, we'll need to sign one or two quality players and clubs will know that, also on the back of promotion we would have just gained money through promotion and have more to spend given the increase of turnover, so players can demand more wages and clubs will want more money for players. 

We could sign them in January for less money and also on a lesser wage with an improved contract if we go up, which could still be less than the demands of the players and agents had we just got promoted.

To be honest unless we field more acdamey players in cup runs we need a few more players or like it or not we will get more injuries .

Also competition for places is a healthy thing to have , if we get injuries the bench player need to be replaced nd if we want to win the title fielding adacdemy players won't work unless then happen to be good enough which I'm not saying they aren't but just look at the champ year where hull strengthend with a few quality signings e.g Frazier campbell.

West Brom, Stoke and Hull all strengthened that January, we only brought in Dele ! 

That was the difference between promotion and failure. 

Cannot see us not strengthening in January; the squad is doing an excellent job, no doubts there, but even more reason to bring in two or three who can provide competitive cover/add something new.

And for those saying don't disturb the team; when we are going all out is the BEST time to reinforce, as we're not panic buying to fill gaps or attempting to balance an unbalanced side.

Another striker should be priority; Wilbraham is in superb form and seem fitter than most 25 year olds, but physical (and skilled) cover for him should be a priority, If he's out for even a couple of weeks, we look weaker up top.

JET is obviously an option, but out side that Burns is too raw; we need more options in that area.

I'd say another right wing back option wouldn't go amiss either; Little has shown what a talented and experienced player in that position can do, and as much as I like Wagstaff, he's not a natural wing back.

Other than that, I couldn't tell you where exactly we need extras, but I'd say come the turn of the year, especially if we remain in the two cups, we'll be crying out for more depth, regardless how well we are going.

Archived