IGNORED

Todd Kane

jambodinho

Number 16, Todd Kane

Todd Kane is one that most fans that have been following the youth ranks for several years will already be aware of. He was not one of the flashier players at Cobham, but he was one of Chelsea steadiest performers for quite a few quality youth sides. He started his loan adventures just over a year ago, and after a short spell at Preston North End, he settled into a regular starting role at Blackburn.

Kane performed fairly well for the bulk of his time in the Championship, though he's fallen out of favor and been on the bench of late. Now 20, one has to wonder if we'll be hearing talk of a recall soon. If Kane isn't getting regular starts while on loan at Blackburn, there is very little chance that he'll see the pitch at all.

Kane has all the physical tools to be a quality right back at the Premier League level, and he could probably find a backup role at many Premier League clubs right now. He's not an overly versatile player though, and if he's not seeing time at fullback, he's probably going to be getting the Ryan Bertrand treatment with whatever club he's at. Hopefully he continues to develop and can eventually fill that role for Chelsea, or better yet, see regular starts.

I see what you are saying cider but the problem with that is Joe, he's gone through the youth team and playing in the first team playing on the left, if he plays on the right he will prob drift inside leaving a large gap for swindon to exploit,

The obvious thing to do is move Ayling into the right wingback role and play El Abd, Flint and Williams in the back 3 but then we will have a lack of pace problem, which means smith and elliot would have to up their defensive duties quite a bit

As already mentioned above this would make sense if Little's injury is worse then first thought although having said as much as Little is great at attacking he has left Ayling the Lurch in certain games this season but thats just me being overly critical.

Also slightly off topic but I see Fleetwood have signed Paterson from Hudderfield on loan be interesting to see if he scores many there. 

As already mentioned above this would make sense if Little's injury is worse then first thought although having said as much as Little is great at attacking he has left Ayling the Lurch in certain games this season but thats just me being overly critical.

Also slightly off topic but I see Fleetwood have signed Paterson from Hudderfield on loan be interesting to see if he scores many there

He was a strange one. I thought it was a cracking signing but I was disappointed with him although you couldn't fault his effort.

If Little is not fit for tomorrow, I would move Joe Bryan to right wing back and bring in Cunningham on the left.

Joe is two footed so not a problem for him. Cutting in to shoot with left could bring us goals.

Fair shout there.

I never realised how good Bryan was with his right foot until he curled that beauty into the top corner against NLBR .Sweeeeeeet.

He was a strange one. I thought it was a cracking signing but I was disappointed with him although you couldn't fault his effort.

yeah he really did work hard and was a similar mould to Baldock , fox in the box sort of player but just unsure he will score many although maybe he is like Baldock and just needs to score some goals to become confident.

Archived