IGNORED

City Fans In Glasgow Tuesday

Redarmy987

Fly up from Bristol on Tuesday morning. Never been to Celtic Park before so another one to tick off the list. Break after this till March and Italy Away which hopefully we can have confirmed where we are actually playing soon!!!!

Yeah I want to go to that, surley there must be a decision soon,

Also surprised England not selling out the end v Scotland.

Yeah I want to go to that, surley there must be a decision soon,

Also surprised England not selling out the end v Scotland.

Going up for the game Tuesday? Yeah I am surprised we haven't sold out but we only have 8,000 odd members of the travel club. Apparently the game going to be played in Turin but would be nice if it could get confirmed.

Going up for the game Tuesday? Yeah I am surprised we haven't sold out but we only have 8,000 odd members of the travel club. Apparently the game going to be played in Turin but would be nice if it could get confirmed.

Should be fairly easy to get a ticket then for Italy hopefully.

If your looking for a friendly bar near the ground go to the Bristol Bar at the end of Duke St. It's a Rangers bar only 10 mins from the ground. Otherwise there are a number of Rangers pubs at Bridgeton Cross which is halfway between the city centre and the ground.

I assume the England fans are housed the Lions stand. Have fun, but be careful. That said,Turin will be more dangerous.

If your looking for a friendly bar near the ground go to the Bristol Bar at the end of Duke St. It's a Rangers bar only 10 mins from the ground. Otherwise there are a number of Rangers pubs at Bridgeton Cross which is halfway between the city centre and the ground.

I assume the England fans are housed the Lions stand. Have fun, but be careful. That said,Turin will be more dangerous.

Yes we are in the Lisbon Lions stand.

Went to Parkhead late 80's to watch Roy Atkin's testimonial against man u.

Cousin married a Glaswegian who is a Celtic fan.

Did the ground tour last year when City were on tour in Scotland also did tour of Ibrox.

Tickets need to be collected at a special point with all fans being 'vetoed' before they can obtain ticket

Probably a reason only 5000 sold as most wouldn't be allowed in

Quite what the point in joining travel club (8000 you said?) and not wanting to go is bizzarre

I had a look out of interest and just short of 9700 members. I have to agree though I am surprised only just over 1/2 the members of the travel club have decided to go to Scotland away.

Tickets need to be collected at a special point with all fans being 'vetoed' before they can obtain ticket

Probably a reason only 5000 sold as most wouldn't be allowed in

Quite what the point in joining travel club (8000 you said?) and not wanting to go is bizzarre

All England travel club members are vetted for criminal convictions when joining.

I'll be at Celtic Park Tues, looking forward to it...

My 2 lads are both members who are not going, didn't fancy having them on tow while wandering around the center of Glasgow before a Scotland v England game looking for the ticket collection point.

The FA were originally going to post the tickets out but changed their minds and made it collection only 2 weeks before the game.

Complete farce again will not be rejoining after France 2016.

All England travel club members are vetted for criminal convictions when joining.

I'll be at Celtic Park Tues, looking forward to it...

Which makes it even more surprising we haven't sold out

Especially when you consider what Scotland brought to wembley

I don't watch england anymore, but will defo watch Tuesday, think its gonna be a cracker with a superb atmosphere

What a day/night! The scenes in that away end when Rooney scored the 3rd will live with me forever!!

Yeah it was pretty good, fantastic to score so soon after they thought they'd got back into it. What that mad jock in the kilt was doing running towards the England end when they scored I'll never know - took about 6 stewards to rugby tackle him to the ground. Followed by the chant of "it must be his stag do, he's wearing a skirt"!

We drank in The Horseshoe bar, Merchant Square, Annie Millars Rangers bar and then Boteco Brazilian bar after the game. Quality trip.

What a quality atmosphere totally out sang the jocks start to finish.

Went on a pub crawl in Partick before the game - Ashton Lane about a dozen pubs all next door to each other next to the university.

Back to the city center after ended up in the Scotia Bar oldest pub in Glasgow.

Any issues in Glasgow or all peacefull? Was reading a few tweets after the game from sweatys who thought it might get firery

Didn't see any myself, but my taxi driver today said there were 26 arrests, and that there was some minor bother at the Radisson bar.

Top trip on the whole. Pub wise I visited the Blackfriars (in Merchant City), the Pot Still (which is a great pub, and has the biggest whisky collection I've ever seen), the Ark and the Maggie May (where I somehow passed the bouncer's sobriety test to gain entry at 12.45am on Monday night). Was also in my hotel bar last night and who should walk in but Jamie Carragher, Jamie Redknapp, Graeme Souness, Martin Tyler and the rest of the Sky team. Also had Greg Dyke on my flight from Heathrow to Glasgow on Monday afternoon.

Did the Hampden Park tour and Scottish football museum today, both also really good.

Yeah it was pretty good, fantastic to score so soon after they thought they'd got back into it. What that mad jock in the kilt was doing running towards the England end when they scored I'll never know - took about 6 stewards to rugby tackle him to the ground. Followed by the chant of "it must be his stag do, he's wearing a skirt"!

We drank in The Horseshoe bar, Merchant Square, Annie Millars Rangers bar and then Boteco Brazilian bar after the game. Quality trip.

We had a quick look in the Horseshoe on Tuesday afternoon but the queue at the bar was about 8 deep, and there was barely room to breathe.

Also saw Boteco when I stumbled out of the Maggie May next door late on Monday night - from outside it looked much more inviting than the Maggie May, so we probably made the wrong choice there!

Found this today reflecting on that game;

http://news.stv.tv/scotland-decides/analysis/300205-devomax-daily-stephen-daisley-on-scotlands-defeat-to-england-at-parkhead/

Alex Salmond has hailed Scotland's stunning 1-3 victory over England in Tuesday night's clash at Parkhead.

The international friendly saw the home side concede two goals from Wayne Rooney and one from Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, while Andrew Robertson pulled back one for Scotland.

However, the Tartan Army was really enthusiastic and had held loads of town hall meetings where 100% of people wearing Scotland tops had agreed Scotland would win.

The Horseshoe is my favourite Glasgow pub, and the food in Boteco is great, the less said about the other one the better :)

Found this today reflecting on that game;

http://news.stv.tv/scotland-decides/analysis/300205-devomax-daily-stephen-daisley-on-scotlands-defeat-to-england-at-parkhead/

Alex Salmond has hailed Scotland's stunning 1-3 victory over England in Tuesday night's clash at Parkhead.

The international friendly saw the home side concede two goals from Wayne Rooney and one from Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, while Andrew Robertson pulled back one for Scotland.

However, the Tartan Army was really enthusiastic and had held loads of town hall meetings where 100% of people wearing Scotland tops had agreed Scotland would win.

Excellent! I also enjoyed, from the same page, "Miliband has lunch money stolen by Hannah from S Club 7".

Archived