IGNORED

C'mon Where's The Pne Fan In Peace...?

Vincent Vega

Do you mean the one asking to know all our strengths and weaknesses? Followed by our daft posters duly obliging.

You think OTIB is the holy grail of Bristol City scouting knowledge?

Teams probably just set up a profile, and ask us rather than bothering to watch us play or do any proper research.

You think OTIB is the holy grail of Bristol City scouting knowledge?

Teams probably just set up a profile, and ask us rather than bothering to watch us play or do any proper research.

Yes. I think they don't bother using scouts, or other sources (pro sport is it), to gain up to date information about players foibles and other aspects which might have been missed. They just rely on asking the fans. After all a scout who watches the team once or twice will know everything there is to know about them.

Of course, having a long debate on this forum about Frankie Fielding's alleged stepping out of the box, never alerted Rotherham to it just prior to playing them. They then just happened to highlight it to the ref, until he gave them a free kick which they scored from to win the game, coincidence obviously.

I'm not saying that was the case but, if we have people on here confirming he did it, then the opposition will use it against us. I'd rather err on the side of caution and give them sweet FA.

Yes. I think they don't bother using scouts, or other sources (pro sport is it), to gain up to date information about players foibles and other aspects which might have been missed. They just rely on asking the fans. After all a scout who watches the team once or twice will know everything there is to know about them.

Of course, having a long debate on this forum about Frankie Fielding's alleged stepping out of the box, never alerted Rotherham to it just prior to playing them. They then just happened to highlight it to the ref, until he gave them a free kick which they scored from to win the game, coincidence obviously.

I'm not saying that was the case but, if we have people on here confirming he did it, then the opposition will use it against us. I'd rather err on the side of caution and give them sweet FA.

So don't say anything, ever?

So don't say anything, ever?

If you want to give the opposition any info that helps them beat us that's fine.

Of course you can highlight our teams strengths and debate certain weaknesses, which I'm sure are quite obvious to the professionals but, elaborating on specifics only helps the opposition to form their tactics and target those weaknesses, why would anyone do it?

If you want to give the opposition any info that helps them beat us that's fine.

Of course you can highlight our teams strengths and debate certain weaknesses, which I'm sure are quite obvious to the professionals but, elaborating on specifics only helps the opposition to form their tactics and target those weaknesses, why would anyone do it?

I think you're overestimating the influence this forum has on the world of football...

I was more highlighting the fact that what you propose would mean literally never discussing Bristol City in any depth whatsoever on this, a Bristol City forum, with or without the presence of an opposition "fan"/"secret agent".

There is no need for them to start an account to read the mass amount of conversations that already exist.

Are you against the very concept of a forum?

I was more highlighting the fact that what you propose would mean literally never discussing Bristol City in any depth whatsoever on this, a Bristol City forum, with or without the presence of an opposition "fan"/"secret agent".

There is no need for them to start an account to read the mass amount of conversations that already exist.

Are you against the very concept of a forum?

Not in the slightest. If an opposition member wants to read all the info from all the forum then he/she would have a bit of a headache. Having said that, if all the info you want is condensed into one post about strengths and weaknesses, then it's all there for him/her, job done and thank you very much for the info.

Not in the slightest. If an opposition member wants to read all the info from all the forum then he/she would have a bit of a headache. Having said that, if all the info you want is condensed into one post about strengths and weaknesses, then it's all there for him/her, job done and thank you very much for the info.

That's fair enough, although I still feel that if they were actively using an opposition team's forum as a resource they'd be able to search it efficiently for the types of content they require, on a regular basis, as opposed to popping up and starting a single thread a few days before the match.

In fact, I'd argue that a single, one off thread is far more likely to lead to a general overview of strengths/weaknesses (which you state would not be a problem), while the specifics are only going to be unearthed within a more detailed discussion amongst the fans themselves.

Admittedly, there's no evidence they're not simultaneously taking such an approach, but there's not really any evidence they're taking any approach at all, either.

(And I take your point on erring on the side of caution, I just feel as though it's more likely to be a genuinely interested fan, and have no issue with people giving them the benefit of the doubt and being nice to them.)

Thanks for your enlightening contribution.

Not sure if you're being tongue in cheek but I think he has a point.

Reading this forum, an opposition would conclude that City are a team that go gung-ho whilst sitting too deep, go direct by knocking the ball about and don't mind conceding three if we score four after an aggregate 1-1 draw over the last two games. It's a walking contradiction, sat on it's ass.

The only conclusion I think a professional football person would make is that the forum is as nutty as squirrel shit.

Not sure if you're being tongue in cheek but I think he has a point.

Reading this forum, an opposition would conclude that City are a team that go gung-ho whilst sitting too deep, go direct by knocking the ball about and don't mind conceding three if we score four after an aggregate 1-1 draw over the last two games. It's a walking contradiction, sat on it's ass.

The only conclusion I think a professional football person would make is that the forum is as nutty as squirrel shit.

He's referring to this topic and the posts on it, not the forum in general. The forum as you say, is varied and nutty, just like a Snickers bar.

Archived