IGNORED

Who Thought They Would Ever See This Happen? (Merged)

TRL

Thought it odd it was being advertised as being a 55,00 sell out, yet the final attendance was only 45,619.

Did just shy of 10,000 people really not turn up ??

Very odd !

13,000 tickets were also given free by the FA to Schools in the Wembley area with 2 tickets per pupil, so imagine alot with tickets didn't attend.

Also transport problems with the tube stations closed and replacement buses reportedly could only take 50 per journey and not the 500/600 waiting !

Whys it a good note that Liverpool got "thrashed", just out of interest? Don't most of us hate Palace? I know I certainly do.

I don't hate Palace, but Despise that fact Liverpool fans and the club think they have a right to be contenders. They sold their best player and brought in half of Southampton, however look at the Saints high flying without them. I like Palace, they have earned promotion the hard way and don't have an unrealistic budget, give youth a chance and don't waste silly money on overrated foreigners and play good attacking football and are good to watch. Hope they stay up and one of the more likeable teams in the prem in my eyes.

I don't hate Palace, but Despise that fact Liverpool fans and the club think they have a right to be contenders. They sold their best player and brought in half of Southampton, however look at the Saints high flying without them. I like Palace, they have earned promotion the hard way and don't have an unrealistic budget, give youth a chance and don't waste silly money on overrated foreigners and play good attacking football and are good to watch. Hope they stay up and one of the more likeable teams in the prem in my eyes.

You've obviously never lived in South London.

Not sure that really changes the opinion above though?

Have worked many times in Croydon and now full well about the "delights" of Thornton Heath

It's not just the horrors of "north Surrey" it's the horrors of their fans, mate. Never met a normal one.

Actually, there is one who posts here occasionally who seems vaguely OK, but the last guy to visit - who reckons Croydon is the same as Bristol - maintains their reputation for being utter spanners.

Archived