IGNORED

Watford's Truly Uninspiring New Stand

Xiled

You're right there is cu, they've kind of dug down from that to create the stand because the pitch is well below the level of Vicarage Rd.

I counted the rows of seats and i make it just 18. I think our South Stand has 34 which puts it more on a par with the Vicarage Rd end (which has 35 rows) than the Community Stand in the video

watford4.jpg

You're right there is cu, they've kind of dug down from that to create the stand because the pitch is well below the level of Vicarage Rd.

I counted the rows of seats and i make it just 18. I think our South Stand has 34 which puts it more on a par with the Vicarage Rd end (which has 35 rows) than the Community Stand in the video

watford4.jpg

Is it just the wanky angle that they have showed us of the South Stand that makes it appear small? Even with 32 rows it still dosnt seem to be as steep as that Watford end?

Yeah to be fair side by side they do look pretty much the same size, its that zoomed in image of the South Stand that i think is throwing everyones eyes off to be honest.. I think zooming that close to any stand is going to make it look small..

Roll on Thursday and hopefully a lot more images

I just posted a similar thing about the Vicarage rd stand CJ. If you swept that stand around the corners, I think it would look mightily impressive so our South stand should look ok IMHO.

As you said, the picture of the Vic rd stand doesn't really do it justice.

I was watching the time lapse video of Peterborough's new stand and I noticed at the end of it all the fans were sitting down looking miserable and pissed off. Things to come for us in the new south stand.

http://youtu.be/L6ahszsuSlQ

I was watching the time lapse video of Peterborough's new stand and I noticed at the end of it all the fans were sitting down looking miserable and pissed off. Things to come for us in the new south stand.

Or maybe they're just watchng a 5hit football team

Isn't there a lane running down the back of that stand? I'm sure we used to walk down it and around the allotments to the away end a few years ago.

Oooh.  Days gone by.

Still remember the high fences in the away end.  Caged bloody animals.

You probably have to look at the images side by side to make the comparison. But yes the angle is a bit wanky.

southstandfinal.jpg?width=500&height=309

What is noticeable in comparison to Watford's stand, is how high the South Stand roof slopes upwards compared to the flatness of the Watford stand.

I do hope the slope of the South Stand doesn't lead to no sound reverberating around inside :-(

What is noticeable in comparison to Watford's stand, is how high the South Stand roof slopes upwards compared to the flatness of the Watford stand.

I do hope the slope of the South Stand doesn't lead to no sound reverberating around inside :-(

That's designed specially for those that couldn't reserve a seat, so they can sit or stand in the park across the road and hear what's happening inside .... catering for all fans requirements ain't easy but our club does its best for everyone when it can ! ... ;)

(as Im sure they will prove after hearing fans views on unreserved singing sections at Thursdays meeting :) COYRs -in it together! )

Is that new stand of watford's gonna replace that carbuncle mess to the left of where we stand as away fans? For sure a sea change improvement but frankly it still looks decidedly MK3 Cortina and that is not to take anything away from the MK3 which i thought was a classic.

It already has Mr Cooba. They were using it against Cardiff on Saturday and renaming stands after Graham Taylor and all sorts of people. The area named after Graham is now affectionately known as the Turnip Stand.

article-0-18ACFF6400000578-250_196x269.j

Well I'm going to stick my hand up here and declare I'm a Coldplay fan, I guess I'm the only one on here but that's ok!

As for the song I guess Watford see themselves as the Yellows? And yes I like the song too, although it's not their best.

I admit that I'm a Coldplay fan too!

'Yellow' may not be their best but I think the video for it is! :thumbsup:

I thought that looked quite impressive until the point that it was finished. Interesting to see that they have 20 rows, compared to our new southstand being 35 rows.

At nearly twice the capacity I think the south stand is going to look good, especially with the corners being filled in.

Archived