IGNORED

Watford's Truly Uninspiring New Stand

Xiled

Watching the steel work taking shape at Ashton Gate, this video puts into context just how ambitious Steve Lansdown actually is.

If I was a Watford fan, I would want this video taken down....

Can see what you mean, it does look dull and uninspiring. The music doesn't help. Then again, I haven't been to their ground so don't know what it is replacing. 

My best mate sent a pic of it yesterday on it's opening.

He and I have the usual standoff

"The Graham Taylor stand?"

"Yep"

"How can you name a stand after that turnip?"

"Mate he's a legend"

"Yet you hate McLaren. Why?"

"He ruined England and dropped Beckham"

And so on.....

Dress it up however you want, a stand is a stand is a stand !

The look can only change slightly, with the addition of  boxes or tiers or maybe the shape which would effect the costs.

All I want is a comfortable seat with legroom , easy access and exit , plenty of room in the concourse with bars and food outlets but room to stand and not get in the way of queuing punters, I would also want artwork/ photos on the walls to take us as far away from the generic blockwork grey in all modern stadiums.

Just a thought about toilets. In one ground some years ago, may have been the North bank, the toilets were big and square with a wall through the middle so you have urinals on both sides and you were able to get in and out quickly, stopping the scrum that usually happens. Hope some thought has been put into this.

Well I'm going to stick my hand up here and declare I'm a Coldplay fan, I guess I'm the only one on here but that's ok!

As for the song I guess Watford see themselves as the Yellows? And yes I like the song too, although it's not their best.

Well I'm going to stick my hand up here and declare I'm a Coldplay fan, I guess I'm the only one on here but that's ok!

As for the song I guess Watford see themselves as the Yellows? And yes I like the song too, although it's not their best.

First step on the road to recovery , admit you have a problem  ;)  :P

I was watching on the Football League Show and thought it looked a bit weird.

There is big drop to ground level from the front row. It is not in keeping with the rest of the ground which has been superbly redeveloped. I guess they were just limited for space on that side?

10376162_10152490275757215_8476983154424

I think you're right about limited space, which is the same problem at Ashton Gate. With lack of space, some of the nice to have options have to go, so that the maximum number of seats can be fitted in. That said, I think Watford have suffered from a distinct lack of imagination with this design and, as you say, it doesn't fit in with the rest of the ground.

Archived