IGNORED

Speed Camera Help

Posset red

Whilst driving home last night along m4 then joining m5 south I got flashed by one of the cameras on the gantrys. I was under the impression these cameras only operated when variable speeds were up and not for national speed limit when no variable speeds were up. Was wondering if anyone has been flashed by one of these and if so did you ever hear anything from it thanks for any help.

If you haven't heard anything inside 14 days then you're clear. You may well still receive a NIP, but if it's outside of the 14 day time period then it's not served in time and whereas they'd still let you pay it, if you were to challenge, it'd be dropped. That's all I can add.

Whilst driving home last night along m4 then joining m5 south I got flashed by one of the cameras on the gantrys. I was under the impression these cameras only operated when variable speeds were up and not for national speed limit when no variable speeds were up. Was wondering if anyone has been flashed by one of these and if so did you ever hear anything from it thanks for any help.

I got flashed on the M5 South but never heard anything. If you don't receive anything with 14 days then you have got away with it.

A retired cop told me that approximately 70% of these cameras will flash but don't actually have film in them. It's apparently expensive and time consuming to keep them all functioning. The loaded ones are located in the most lucrative sites - along the A4 for example.

The cameras in question are always going off, it's like driving through a disco. Must be as they're new. I'm sure they'll stop soon enough.

There are similar on the M4 into Wales and they never go off in the variable bits.

There's only one actual camera on that stretch from the bridge until Cardiff. It's just after the tunnel going uphill to high cross and isn't active.

The real revenue earner in Wales is the one just before the toll booths.. must make an absolute fortune trapping people who've not slowed to 50mph.

Yup, was caught doing that a few years ago. The 50 limit starts almost a mile before the tolls. Very easy money for them and not much to do with road safety.

Archived