IGNORED

Cotterill: What A Difference A Year Makes

The Exiled Robin

Here's one of mine from that thread.....

Woodsy

Woodsy

Pollrumptious Daffock

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:37 AM

I hope that in 2 years time someone is bringing this post back to life and asking me for an apology and to say I was wrong, but WTF are the board playing at? Not a ******* clue, I truly believe this is one of the worst appointments ever, and there's been a few to compare it to lately

The bloke has done sod all (no pun intended) anywhere but Cheltenham, at a lower level, a long time ago

I really need to know what the board think he will bring to my football club

As others have said though, he will get my full support, as every manager has in my time. Except Osman. Obviously

Edit - note the warning point beneath my name. Don't **** with me, I've got points, ya get me?

Super didn't want him x 5 million............. 

What a difference a year makes..... fingers crossed we continue onwards and upwards....

Ha - that made me laugh, Super was right at the top with that comment. He should stick to NFL :yes:

Tetbury - were you one of the few that said 'yes'??

Ha - that made me laugh, Super was right at the top with that comment. He should stick to NFL :yes:

Tetbury - were you one of the few that said 'yes'??

Looks like it...... :) Shame I cant predict football accumulators or lottery numbers.....

keepuplino has made me smile...... "We're trying to convince the board that coterill the clown must not manage this club"

A year is such a long time in football........

Looks like it...... :) Shame I cant predict football accumulators or lottery numbers.....

keepuplino has made me smile...... "We're trying to convince the board that coterill the clown must not manage this club"

A year is such a long time in football........

There really were some cracking comments on that thread. Should be in the classics thread really

And well done for being correct Tetbury - I feel a consultancy role for you when we appoint again!

There really were some cracking comments on that thread. Should be in the classics thread really

And well done for being correct Tetbury - I feel a consultancy role for you when we appoint again!

I agree it has turned out too be a classic..... great comments and things have made me smile..... the surprising thing for me in the thread is the amount of different people commenting on it that no longer comment on the forum....... what has changed???

Get your point about budgets etc, but as we all know, that doesn't win you football games

I remember getting really angry with someone on here years ago for calling Chesterfield a 'football backwater'. To many, Bristol is exactly the same. If size and money was the only thing that mattered then we'd have packed this up a long time ago. Look at Burnley and Blackpool, how much did they spend to get to the Prem and leave much bigger clubs in their wake. I love seeing Oldham and Notts Co up there with the 'bigger' clubs, that gives me hope that if / when we do go back up we could do the same in the Championship, like we did in our first year there. How many people looked at us and said 'what are Bristol City doing up there', I love that. Being one of the bigger clubs in L1 is fine, but we should aspire to be back in the Championship giving the likes of Leeds, Derby, Wolves, Norwich, Middlesboro etc bloody noses and punching above our weight. A year ago, despite the budget we had, that looked a long way off

Like I said before fella...because we were in freefall under SoD, SL and the board changed there tact and allowed SC to bring in players to stop the slide. They realised the extreme way in which they wanted to go, compared to before, wasn't going to work and could have resulted in relegation.

As SC has alluded to in the past...he stamped his way of doing it...even saying SL and the board will get used to it and come round to his way of thinking.

We've been very astute in our signings...but we have achieved nothing yet.

A lot can be done in that first season back up in the Championship, we did well based on team spirit and confidence.

Bournemouth and Brentford are again proving that this season.

The real test comes after that first season, as we full well know.

The teams that do well are the ones who have a solid core throughout the Club.

Burnley for example are a very well run club...you can achieve a lot by getting the simple things right throughout the club.

We, I believe are going in the right direction.

The one thing that stands out for me this season, is our team spirit.

I've not seen a team fight for one another as much as ours for a long time.

Some bad influences have left our club in the last year...it imho, has made a huge difference.

If we are to succeed further, I believe we need to keep adding the type of players we've got now.

No big time charlies...no players just going through the motions.

Harry Redknapp recently said he had to get rid of all the bad influences in his squad...it can make a massive impact in the changing room and in training.

Thankfully it looks like we are starting to learn a little.

Interesting article. Cotteril and the whole Club hav done a very good job so far. Cotts have karisma, SOD not. Anyway, first interwiew with Cotteril he made a good impression on me. He was here to avoid relegation and it went good. Did not no Cotts managerhistory, never mind. To compare this time last year, its another team. Top of the table and I think we have a good chance to remain there to the end of the season.

Like I said before fella...because we were in freefall under SoD, SL and the board changed there tact and allowed SC to bring in players to stop the slide. They realised the extreme way in which they wanted to go, compared to before, wasn't going to work and could have resulted in relegation.

As SC has alluded to in the past...he stamped his way of doing it...even saying SL and the board will get used to it and come round to his way of thinking.

We've been very astute in our signings...but we have achieved nothing yet.

A lot can be done in that first season back up in the Championship, we did well based on team spirit and confidence.

Bournemouth and Brentford are again proving that this season.

The real test comes after that first season, as we full well know.

The teams that do well are the ones who have a solid core throughout the Club.

Burnley for example are a very well run club...you can achieve a lot by getting the simple things right throughout the club.

We, I believe are going in the right direction.

The one thing that stands out for me this season, is our team spirit.

I've not seen a team fight for one another as much as ours for a long time.

Some bad influences have left our club in the last year...it imho, has made a huge difference.

If we are to succeed further, I believe we need to keep adding the type of players we've got now.

No big time charlies...no players just going through the motions.

Harry Redknapp recently said he had to get rid of all the bad influences in his squad...it can make a massive impact in the changing room and in training.

Thankfully it looks like we are starting to learn a little.

Wow just Wow, I actually agree with every single letter, word, sentence, paragraph and punctuation mark, praise indeed Spud, keep up our fight for more Kent style at AG.

Wow just Wow, I actually agree with every single letter, word, sentence, paragraph and punctuation mark, praise indeed Spud, keep up our fight for more Kent style at AG.

To be fair...I think it's pretty much my view on SL's decisions in the past that we differ on EMB.

We both want what's best for the Club. ;)

An excellently written piece (great spelling, too: bandied not banded; spelling does mater) (natch).

It takes a bit of b*lls to admit to the online community that you're wrong, fair play Exiled. I, of course, predicted a year ago that we'd be top come Dec 2014, so catch on to yourself!

But let's not get complacent: despite an insanely good start, we are only marginally ahead of the pack (and could be 2nd if MKD win that game in hand), been lucky with injuries/suspensions, too, so far. Now is the perfect time to have another strong run of results, given the opposition we face in the next 4 weeks before Notts & Posh in our traditional bogey month of Jan.

Now is the time to redouble our efforts at games and get right behind the lads (tricky when we're playing towards the Atyeo).

Get these two cup games out the way without any injuries, please, and ... YOU REDS!

I agree it has turned out too be a classic..... great comments and things have made me smile..... the surprising thing for me in the thread is the amount of different people commenting on it that no longer comment on the forum....... what has changed???

You're right ,scary ! Perhaps ask the question on the "what happened to ..." Thread ?

Archived