IGNORED

Shed Man In The New York Times (Merged)

Son of Nob

Most of us over that soccer v football thing, surely?

Don't get me started on middle class tossers calling it 'footy' though!!!

I was replying to one comment and not entirely seriously. I think that there's a lot of snobbery around over Americanisms. Some of it understandable and some not. Just pointing out that 'soccer' isn't one.

H'mm. I've called it 'footy' on and off for 60+ years - does that make me middle class?

I've never really thought about it, but I tend to call it football if I'm going to watch but footy if I'm going to play. I am quite 'middle class' (if you subscribe to traditional notions of class structure) though, so apparently it's understandable

Soccer - can't stand that word! Should never, ever be used by anyone who's not from across the pond, and even then it's still wrong!

My daughters don't watch films anymore, they are now movies. They don't ring me, they call me.....we are being Americanified, people!

H'mm. I've called it 'footy' on and off for 60+ years - does that make me middle class?

Yes, I think that's the exact criteria used, also a liking of BBC Breakfast who run such informative stories such as: too much alcohol is bad for you, what to do in your 'gap year' and foot ping pong, is it the new ping pong?

Thanks for the positive replies guys... As always the things get bent a little, but David Goldblatt the journo is a top guy and a fan of real football. I got approached to do this and was a little unsure but thought it would be good press for the club - you never know could of converted a few from across the pond to look for our results?!

Well there are quite a few of us across America and Canada. OTIB does show the Diaspora if you click on the link on the front page!

You should take a bow in Bristol City Chat Room on OTIB on a match day....Away games are really fun (and easier as you have the Colin Daniels Stand for home games) as some of the AG regulars pop in too.

NY Times Cool! :laugh:!

Well there are quite a few of us across America and Canada. OTIB does show the Diaspora if you click on the link on the front page!

You should take a bow in Bristol City Chat Room on OTIB on a match day....Away games are really fun (and easier as you have the Colin Daniels Stand for home games) as some of the AG regulars pop in too.

NY Times Cool! :laugh:!

Only saw the chat room earlier, how many people use that on match day?

Apologies if this has been posted already, but was impressed to see that the residents of New York are being kept up to date with goings on The Gate....

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/05/sports/soccer/east-end-shed-man-enjoys-a-mostly-unobstructed-view-at-bristol-city-fc.html?WT.mc_id=AD-D-E-OTB-SOC-FP-DEC-AUD-DEV-INTL-1201-1231&WT.mc_ev=click&ad-keywords=IntlAudDev&_r=0

Hey sorry for posting this I know it maybe getting annoying now but I feel it's good publicity for the club, latest interview in the US this time for a radio station that is national and affiliates itself with the Beeb... http://www.pri.org/stories/2014-12-16/english-soccer-fan-has-best-spot-watch-game-top-his-garden-shed

Was thinking recently about when the Yanks bought 'London Bridge' (which was indeed in danger of falling down due to weight of modern traffic) back in the 1970s ... they took it to Arizona to feature in a kind of English desert theme park attraction.

Just a thought, with all this US publicity I wonder if some wealthy Yank might fancy 'doing a London Bridge' with the now World Famous Footballing Icon that you call your shed! ..... Might be a good offer coming your way Shedders, if I were you I'd drop a few hints during your next 'across the pond' interview!!

You never know..... :) ..... The Cod Lots will be on you if yer luck comes in.

Hey sorry for posting this I know it maybe getting annoying now but I feel it's good publicity for the club, latest interview in the US this time for a radio station that is national and affiliates itself with the Beeb...

http://www.pri.org/stories/2014-12-16/english-soccer-fan-has-best-spot-watch-game-top-his-garden-shed

Great stuff again Shedman.

Pity there was no explanation of the pictures of the Colin Daniel Stand, and a shame too it wasn't a more recognisable City song - e.g. Drink up thee Cider - being sung in the background.

Other than that, great publicity for the club, and of course the East End itself. It's getting more recognition and publicity after it's demise than it ever had while it stood, and while us City fans know it's spirit will live on, you're helping to ensure it's history and culture is known and appreciated more widely.

Apart from that, if you're going to represent the club worldwide, you really need to get your sideboards trimmed. ;)

Heard from a very reliable source in a Clifton hotel, the new Die Hard film will be filmed in Bristol.

Plot: A group of supporters have been held captive in a multi story shed tower which overlooks the football ground. Bruce Willis will play shed man and he comes to rescue them with his four pack. He also has an ally in Horris the hedgehog that he finds in the basement of the shed tower. Together they try to rescue the east enders from hard line policies by the football club on their seating arrangements. The ring leader of the gang holding them hostage is played by Alan Rickman as Dave Lloyd and he says "you have a choice, you only have one choice, if you don't like it then don't come". New head of security and his hit squad will enforce these new powers, anyone who resists them will be dealt with severely.

Will shed man save the day? I suppose we will have to wait and see when the film has been made.

Yippy-ki-yay, mother******s.

Archived