IGNORED

Shed Man In The New York Times (Merged)

Son of Nob

Great to see this story reach Murica! I like the part when they say he was first spotted in a league 1 fixture against Oxford United.... Useless yanks, they should know it was a 1st round League cup game!

AND IT'S ******G FOOTBALL NOT SOCCER!

Still less mistakes than the EP!

Really well written and entertaining article.

'But even when the stadium is empty, one can sense what an amazing thing it is to be able to stare, alone, into the maw of a great bubbling crowd.'

Pity they used a picture before the match or at h/t, it would have been great to see that 'maw (jaws or throat of a voracious animal) of a great bubbling crowd' in the background, and rather less lifeless empty seats.

Thanks for the positive replies guys... As always the things get bent a little, but David Goldblatt the journo is a top guy and a fan of real football. I got approached to do this and was a little unsure but thought it would be good press for the club - you never know could of converted a few from across the pond to look for our results?!

Great to see this story reach Murica! I like the part when they say he was first spotted in a league 1 fixture against Oxford United.... Useless yanks, they should know it was a 1st round League cup game!

AND IT'S ******G FOOTBALL NOT SOCCER!

To be fair soccer is an 1880s English slang term for Association Football. You've only got ourselves to blame  ;)

To be fair soccer is an 1880s English slang term for Association Football. You've only got ourselves to blame  ;)

Yes because, despite claims to the contrary, it is not really the working class game.  It was abbreviated by public school boys to distinguish it from rugger when both disciplines were played at our top schools. 

Archived