IGNORED

The Official Bristol City V Afc Telford Match Day Thread.

I'll go a bit against what everyone says about JET - he actually set-up pretty much all of our chances first half with good passes or beating a man.

People get annoyed when he has the ball kicked hard against him and can't control it - totally unfair. I actually feel pretty sorry him - he is never going to work hard but he will deliver goals and assists at this level and possibly even the one above. He will never change in terms of chasing down etc yet people seem to expect him to.

He was actually better than quite a few players today yet haven't much criticism of them. Williams had a shocker!

no I get annoyed when he gives the ball away repeatedly slows it down to walking pace and refuses too get into the box for a cross

I'll go a bit against what everyone says about JET - he actually set-up pretty much all of our chances first half with good passes or beating a man.

People get annoyed when he has the ball kicked hard against him and can't control it - totally unfair. I actually feel pretty sorry him - he is never going to work hard but he will deliver goals and assists at this level and possibly even the one above. He will never change in terms of chasing down etc yet people seem to expect him to.

He was actually better than quite a few players today yet haven't much criticism of them. Williams had a shocker!

The player you describe sounds great in team that can have 10 players doing the work of 11 for 90 minutes but this team appears to be built on 11 players putting in a full shift, especially in this division, perhaps JET would be better in a higher division.

JET was poor today. Contributed very little to the game. Cunningham is now so far behind Joe B that I can't see him ever keeping Joe out of the team and Williams is so much more accomplished with Joe in front of him.

Pack has done ok, but it shows how much we miss the combination of Korey Smith and Wade Elliot. The midfield today seemed very slow to get things moving.

They offered very little, though Fielding had to make a couple of good saves, as did their keeper. We pinged the ball in to the box repeatedly without anyone getting a good final touch.

Never mind when we knock out a prem team in the next round this will be forgotten ;)

The player you describe sounds great in team that can have 10 players doing the work of 11 for 90 minutes but this team appears to be built on 11 players putting in a full shift, especially in this division, perhaps JET would be better in a higher division.

Possibly right.

Thing is JET gets slated by the crowd for something wrong - another City will do the same and people will say unlucky etc. Just feel a bit sorry for him simply because he isn't the kind of player who will work hard but is capable of doing something that a player who works hard can't do.

Possibly right.

Thing is JET gets slated by the crowd for something wrong - another City will do the same and people will say unlucky etc. Just feel a bit sorry for him simply because he isn't the kind of player who will work hard but is capable of doing something that a player who works hard can't do.

of course but league 1 is not usually the place for this type of player.

Possibly right.

The trouble is he is nothing like the player we saw last year. If his tricks don't work then he has very little to offer, ok, maybe a few nice layoffs, but we need much more than that from him. Also he seems to have lost his shooting boots, his efforts today were almost embarrassing. He was too much of a passenger today, unfortunately.

A JET debate! How we miss them.

Always thought him playing behind two up front was never really going to work. Was not there, but difficult to see where the midfield drive would come from.

Would like to have seen him playing behind one striker most likely Agard, with another in to balance the midfield. He did really well playing Baldock in last year.

We really need to use him or lose him. Otherwise we have almost nothing on the bench to shake it up up front. It is starting to look like it might be the latter.

A JET debate! How we miss them.

Always thought him playing behind two up front was never really going to work. Was not there, but difficult to see where the midfield drive would come from.

Would like to have seen him playing behind one striker most likely Agard, with another in to balance the midfield. He did really well playing Baldock in last year.

We really need to use him or lose him. Otherwise we have almost nothing on the bench to shake it up up front. It is starting to look like it might be the latter.

if the rumours from normally trusted sources are true, the latter might not be such a problem in a month's time.

thats a typical performance from a team who thought all they had to do is show up, you can see the reasons why the fringe players aren't in the squad

Bit harsh, Waggy and Cunningham certainly put effort in and Kane had a great game in CM. The worst culprits were Williams and Ayling, too many turns and turn backs when they were last men with a Striker bearing down. Almost cost us a few times.

That's why there are FA Cup upsets, non-league sides can play out of their skins for one game and the league side is in cruise mode. City did better than other sides in the same situation, Cheltenham lost to Dover and Barnsley failed to beat Chester, the result's all that matters. The changes we made upset the midfield balance but it was a difficult game for the fringe players to come into, if they'd played well it wouldn't have meant much due to the standard of opposition, and if they played badly they're no better than non-league as one or two are saying here.

Agree with this, he was the only one who seemed capable of a "killer" pass forwards. There was little movement in front of him and Telford packed their half.

We dominated possession without having that creative age that's all.

Managed to set up most of their chances too, by consistently losing the ball.

Today was the laziest, most lackadaisical performance I've ever seen from Jay. Let loose balls just go by him, zero movement off the ball, no anticipation, no tackles, consistently drifted out to a wide right position, duplicating where Waggy was covering . For all his goal threat he might as well have been sat in the Dolman.

I think his sum contribution was two good passes.

Cotterill obviously thought so too, which is why he was the first to go off

• Like 1

The problem is, no matter what JET does he divides opinion. I think hes long gone and hope we get rid, yet plenty think he still offers something.

Personally the 'offering something' is more now thought of in hope than expectation as hes spent 2014 doing bugger all. Scored most of his goals in late 2013 and yes he sets some up, but chances are he will if he plays.

Where we are at now though is team over individuals. Based on this he doesnt fit in. Noone will win arguments but i believe his days are numbered. We werent good today but he was a passenger. For all the lack of quality today, there were plenty putting in a shift, the bare minimum a pro should do, and JET wasnt one.