IGNORED

We Didn't Play Well But, Jet...

screech

wouldn't have got in the Telford side today. Awful performance and so lethargic.

He had a chance to play where Freeman has staked his place and just wasn't interested at all, he lost the ball constantly and delivered numerous lazy balls to nowhere.

A couple of glimpses of quality but this was against Telford where he should have tore them up, enter Freeman and his energy at least got us looking like we could get a goal.

I hope that convinces the stragglers that there is a reason he is playing at this level, and before long it will be the level below, he just doesn't do anywhere near enough to deserve a place in the team, very dissapointed in his performance today amongst some pretty ordinary performances.

He'll find another League 1 team I have no doubt, but he'll be bombed out of his next club and the one after that and eventually go down another level. A real talent wasted by his work ethic.

I didn't want to start a JET thread cus so many people on here get upset when the gifted one is criticised. The guy was total shite today in a game where I thought he would want to prove himself to get back in the first team but No he didn't look interested. He offered no threat to the opposition at all, kept giving the ball away, bottled out of tackles and his shooting was embarassing. (The only one in danger when JET was shooting was the Shed Man) .  If rumours are true he's off in January anyhow but such a waste of a natural talent, but offers us very little in this high tempo team we've now got  

I didn't want to start a JET thread cus so many people on here get upset when the gifted one is criticised. The guy was total shite today in a game where I thought he would want to prove himself to get back in the first team but No he didn't look interested. He offered no threat to the opposition at all, kept giving the ball away, bottled out of tackles and his shooting was embarassing. (The only one in danger when JET was shooting was the Shed Man) .  If rumours are true he's off in January anyhow but such a waste of a natural talent, but offers us very little in this high tempo team we've now got  

It's such a shame, the man is very talented but he just doesn't seem to want it enough,  perhaps the only man he will play for is S o'D and we all know that that will probably never happen again.   I don't know what to say, it's such a waste of a great talent.

Course we have to have a scapegoat, after a very poor team performance, suprise, suprise it's JET, yes he was crap, but so was the rest of the team, but let's not that get in the way of havin a pop at JET. The whole team were crap not just JET, after the performance against Peterborough, I honestly thought we would put 6/7 past Telford, but the WHOLE team was lucky to come away with a win, when I thought we would have been lucky to get a draw.

Course we have to have a scapegoat, after a very poor team performance, suprise, suprise it's JET, yes he was crap, but so was the rest of the team, but let's not that get in the way of havin a pop at JET. The whole team were crap not just JET, after the performance against Peterborough, I honestly thought we would put 6/7 past Telford, but the WHOLE team was lucky to come away with a win, when I thought we would have been lucky to get a draw.

I thought Wibraham Cunningham Wagstaff were all poor today but at least they were trying JET clearly wasn't  so deserves to be picked out for criticism  

What really gets on my tits is these experts that think a player can just 'slot' in and perform at his best when he has had no where near enough game time to do so.

Some of you should just stick to your computer games and leave football to 'real people'.

:disapointed2se:

Kane slotted right in and had an outstanding game today he's had little game time so you cant use that as an excuse.  I'm afraid JET just doesn't look interested And I don't play computer games ive been watching this game for over 40 years and many years playing and running teams so I can spot when someone is just being downright lazy   

What really gets on my tits is these experts that think a player can just 'slot' in and perform at his best when he has had no where near enough game time to do so.

Some of you should just stick to your computer games and leave football to 'real people'.

:disapointed2se:

Shouldn't somebody who's paid thousands of pounds a week, trains full time and played at a higher level "slot" in and play against a team bottom of the conference though?

I'd expect somebody of his talent to perform against a team in League 1 let alone the Conference.

You don't need to play matches week in week out to have a work rate or look like you care of which JET just doesn't have.

Christmas really is coming.

A JET and GJ thread both at the same time on the front page!

Gets popcorn.

So what's your defence of him ? Just that your a happy clapper that never says anything bad ?

Sorry but IMO the OP has it 100% on the money.

Waste of space and a waste of talent.

Hope his herbal life is doing better for him than his football career !!!

Created the best chance of the 90 mins with a fantastic through ball to Agard, who should have scored.

I think people are jealous he can be so effective from seemingly so little effort.

This. The few chances we created first hour all came through JET. Including a sublime pass down the right side. It was a poor team performance, not just down to one player.

A lot of players had a poor game today, but at least they tried to get into the game and make a contribution.  Playing with JET is like playing with 10 men for 90% of the time.  Making the odd good pass every 20 minutes or so can't possibly justify a place in the team. If there were any scouts watching today's game, how many would have gone away with the view that he would be a good signing? Maybe if they were from a Conference South club, but that's all.

I wasn't at the game today so I'm taking the opinions of those on here and speaking to someone who was at the game to gauge a view. Just about everyone is saying the same thing, Jet stood out...for the wrong reasons.

I think it's a real shame but doubt if we will see much more of him. I think Cotterill has probably now seen enough and cannot justify his wage or his place in the squad. He simply cannot rely on him as much as most other players. It's a problem we can do without.

He's had his chances and failed to make them work. The risk is just too high with him for the return you may or may not get. Many will argue that's a sign of a talented player, but we need consistency and stability not maybe's.

I think we already have targets lined up in January and beyond, looking at the rest of the season and the future. Maybe best to cut our losses now, we aren't going to get anymore from Jet. His future lies at another club and players now more suited to us need to be brought in. Shake his hand, thank him for last season's goals and move on to the next.

Created the best chance of the 90 mins with a fantastic through ball to Agard, who should have scored.

I think people are jealous he can be so effective from seemingly so little effort.

Or maybe they're frustrated because it shows just how good he could be if he actually bothered putting the effort in?

Kane slotted right in and had an outstanding game today he's had little game time so you cant use that as an excuse. I'm afraid JET just doesn't look interested And I don't play computer games ive been watching this game for over 40 years and many years playing and running teams so I can spot when someone is just being downright lazy

Evidently you know more than i do on the subject of JET's performance but i was talking more generally.

Most recently ,fans slagging off Pack when he came in for Wade against Preston but the next match he was like a world beater .

It's nothing to do with how much money these guys earn ,they are human beings .It's not always easy to play the role your coach wants and sometimes misunderstandings brought about by unfamiliarity can make a player look terrible .

You either like players like Jet or you don't , he's no more lazier than Jacki was yet he' idolised by most City fans, not sure of how the Jet critics would of coped with some of those wonderfully talented mavericks of the 70's, Bowles, Marsh, Worthington, Currie, Hudson etc, probably would of been hounded out of town!!

You either like players like Jet or you don't , he's no more lazier than Jacki was yet he' idolised by most City fans, not sure of how the Jet critics would of coped with some of those wonderfully talented mavericks of the 70's, Bowles, Marsh, Worthington, Currie, Hudson etc, probably would of been hounded out of town!!

Gary Johnson always used to talk about players affecting the game. Bowles, Marsh, Worthington, Currie, Hudson etc used to affect the game. Jet doesn't

Gary Johnson always used to talk about players affecting the game. Bowles, Marsh, Worthington, Currie, Hudson etc used to affect the game. Jet doesn't

How do you work that out when he has 5 goals or assists from about 5 starts?

Undoubtedly he has the highest ratio of goals/assists per minute on the pitch than anyone else, so to say he doesn't affect the game is very odd sorta comment.

Plenty of other players had poor games today but Jet is the only one who gets such aggressive criticism, I find it quite distasteful when a City player gets such personal stick.

Plenty of other players had poor games today but Jet is the only one who gets such aggressive criticism, I find it quite distasteful when a City player gets such personal stick.

This is a forum where views are expressed. If players are praised when they play well, players can also be criticised when they don't. If someone is criticised, it's bound to be personal. If you find the honest views of others distasteful, don't take part in a forum

Archived