IGNORED

We Didn't Play Well But, Jet...

screech

Plenty of other players had poor games today but Jet is the only one who gets such aggressive criticism, I find it quite distasteful when a City player gets such personal stick.

I agree that it was a poor team performance, but for me bottom of the scores on the doors was JET, who bar a couple of reasonable passes did nothing for an hour. As has been said, this was yet another chance of staking a place in the starting line-up, yet he sauntered around like it was a training game.

I've been a staunch defender of our most naturally talented player for years, but if that's all we're going to see we may as well get shot in January and free up a big Championship wage to get one or more players who can add depth to the squad.

Im sorry but he wasn't totally shite as some people are saying, i can remember him starting at least 4 or 5 moves with inch perfect passes that should have resulted in city goals if our strikers would have made the correct decisions. 

One ball down the right with the outside of his left boot was incredible and another from the left to right side of the pitch with his right foot was also brilliant. 

He wasn't as bad as some are making out...

You either like players like Jet or you don't , he's no more lazier than Jacki was yet he' idolised by most City fans, not sure of how the Jet critics would of coped with some of those wonderfully talented mavericks of the 70's, Bowles, Marsh, Worthington, Currie, Hudson etc, probably would of been hounded out of town!!

I find comments like these, so bloody frustrating...no offence to the OP...but why do people keep harking on about players from a bygone age. It really does make you look like you know nothing about modern football.

You cannot in this day and age, just get by on 'talent'....you have to have the work and team ethic as well.

Get JET fit and his head right and he may just become a good footballer.

He scored 20 odd goals in a side based around him that was in the relegation zone.

Soon as we started winning under SC he stopped scoring.

We struggle to win when he's in the side...however nice a few passes look.

There is a reason he play's in this league and sits on the bench most weeks...there is a reason people notice how little he did against Telford...and how much better we looked when the Subs came on.

Talented players with no fitness or work ethic go by the wayside in this era...you cannot win games carrying a player who thrills the crowd with the odd brilliant pass or shot.

Every manager who has had him has let him go...after gambling on him.

Don't get me wrong... I would love him to find that extra part of the game needed to become a great...

But comparing him to the likes of Jacki and talented players from 20 years or more ago is ridiculous.

I find comments like these, so bloody frustrating...no offence to the OP...but why do people keep harking on about players from a bygone age. It really does make you look like you know nothing about modern football.

You cannot in this day and age, just get by on 'talent'....you have to have the work and team ethic as well.

Get JET fit and his head right and he may just become a good footballer.

He scored 20 odd goals in a side based around him that was in the relegation zone.

Soon as we started winning under SC he stopped scoring.

We struggle to win when he's in the side...however nice a few passes look.

There is a reason he play's in this league and sits on the bench most weeks...there is a reason people notice how little he did against Telford...and how much better we looked when the Subs came on.

Talented players with no fitness or work ethic go by the wayside in this era...you cannot win games carrying a player who thrills the crowd with the odd brilliant pass or shot.

Every manager who has had him has let him go...after gambling on him.

Don't get me wrong... I would love him to find that extra part of the game needed to become a great...

But comparing him to the likes of Jacki and talented players from 20 years or more ago is ridiculous.

Are we not allowed to compare players of today to bygone eras then?

How can you?

It's like comparing a spitfire that was the best plane around at it's time, to a modern day JET fighter...if you pardon the pun.

What a strange comment, being as I'm only in my late 40's I am unable to compare any players I've seen with players who played when spitfires were in the air, you are right though it's unfair to compare anyone in today's game with the great Gerry Gow, they don't make them like they use to!!!

What a strange comment, being as I'm only in my late 40's I am unable to compare any players I've seen with players who played when spitfires were in the air, you are right though it's unfair to compare anyone in today's game with the great Gerry Gow, they don't make them like they use to!!!

i was going to say korey smith reminds me of gerry gow but i won't bother now!

Gary Johnson always used to talk about players affecting the game. Bowles, Marsh, Worthington, Currie, Hudson etc used to affect the game. Jet doesn't

This just isn't true though is it? He affects nearly every game he plays in, by all accounts had a poor game yesterday, we move on.

Archived