IGNORED

Doncaster Away Fa Cup (merged)

bs3

I for one am incredibly pleased we will get to show how far we've come by testing ourselves against the giants that are Doncaster. 

It's an obvious contender to be shown live and I can only imagine that BBC will be kicking themselves thinking they should have stumped up the extra cash to pick the illustrious tie first ahead of BT Sport.  

The winner of this match will be in with a great shout of going all the way and lifting the cup.

Why are people so sure that we will get a 'big' team in the 4th round should we get there?

Let's say There are 6 'big teams' both mancs, arse and chelski, 2 in Liverpool. There are a total of 64 teams in the 4th round i believe, 1 being us/donny. So we have a 6 in 63 chance, less than 10%

Why are people so sure that we will get a 'big' team in the 4th round should we get there?

Let's say There are 6 'big teams' both mancs, arse and chelski, 2 in Liverpool. There are a total of 64 teams in the 4th round i believe, 1 being us/donny. So we have a 6 in 63 chance, less than 10%

64 in rd 3. 32 in the 4th round, and you might expect a good half of them to be premier league. Not all plums of course, but a much better chance of a good draw, should we be there.

64 in rd 3. 32 in the 4th round, and you might expect a good half of them to be premier league. Not all plums of course, but a much better chance of a good draw, should we be there.

Bugger did my maths wrong, then it's less than a 20% chance still, not exactly good odds

Those being of getting one of those 6 teams, as so many seem to think we will get a big team

To be pedantic the chance would be 16.1% so 84 times out of 100 it won't happen

I don't want a big team in round 4. That can wait, all the way to the Final if necessary.

Memorable F.A. Cup runs are built on winning a places like Doncaster.

Any team in the 4th round will be a big game, and the matches will get bigger and bigger, whoever we draw, the longer we progress.

Doncaster away may not be inspiring, but it gives City a real chance to progress into the last 32, and that's the main thing.

I don't want a big team in round 4. That can wait, all the way to the Final if necessary.

Any team in the 4th round will be a big game, and the matches will get bigger and bigger, whoever we draw, the longer we progress.

Doncaster away may not be inspiring, but it gives City a real chance to progress into the last 32, and that's the main thing.

Well said.

Our performances in the cups this season have been better on the road than at AG as well. Been dire at home v Oxford, Wimbledon and Telford but actually rather good at Cheltenham and Gillingham.

Donny were a mess at AG earlier in the season, onwards to round 4 let's get a proper run going

Yeah, its a crap draw - but what a load of whinging little ninnies on here, lot of dummy spitting going on because we (and Doncaster) got a crap draw.

Yep. I wouldn't mind but half the people saying about wanting to get knocked out or withdrawing are the same ones who were chucking their toys out of the pram yesterday and going on about how embarrassing and humiliating it was that we were drawing 0-0 with Telford.

Do we really want a long FA Cup run? We are then playing twice a week to catch up on league matches.

We now have to rearrange Peterborough home (from Jan 3) AND Doncaster away (from Jan 24). So beat Doncaster, win in 4th round and that's another to rearrange.

PROMOTION IS OUR ONLY PRIORITY THIS SEASON!

Archived