IGNORED

Doncaster Away Fa Cup (merged)

bs3

Awful draw. Time to bow out and focus on the league. Play the fringe players with some under 21's and give the first teamers a rest.

Yes we lose the gate income (not a lot considering we're away) but we have a thin squad and i'd rather we focussed on the priority now that the teams below us have caught up.

Awful draw. Time to bow out and focus on the league. Play the fringe players with some under 21's and give the first teamers a rest.

Yes we lose the gate income (not a lot considering we're away) but we have a thin squad and i'd rather we focussed on the priority now that the teams below us have caught up.

Certainly if we win weds we have another 2 games in midweek to play. Worst result at Donny would be a replay.

Interesting that if we win at Doncaster in round 3, we will be playing round 4 instaed of the league game at ..... Doncaster.

Also, we are pretty certain to be knocked off top place if we don't play two league games in January, both of which look winable?

Also if we lose at Doncaster we still won't be playing at Doncaster when round four is being played ;)

Yes I agree with you.   I think it will be better to concentrate on the League and the JPT, there's more chance of making some dosh with a Wembley final than having another shite draw in the 4th round,  because with our luck that's what we will get.   Also with our thin squad more chance of injuries to key players, let Preston and possibly MK who could be playing in the next round,  have more games to play than us.

Bit extreme? Great chance of making the fourth round. Losing yesterday would have been embarrassing

That it may be, but playing a team in our league which could cost injuries and would rather play Peterborough instead. Then as the fa cup 4th round is on the day we play Doncaster in the league we will have another rearranged game.

Its just going to clog up our fixture list and would rather win promotion than waiting for the 4th or 5th round of the fa cup to play Man United or Chelsea.

Interesting that if we win at Doncaster in round 3, we will be playing round 4 instaed of the league game at ..... Doncaster.

Also, we are pretty certain to be knocked off top place if we don't play two league games in January, both of which look winable?

And, even worse, the league game at Doncaster - much more important - is now bound to be on a weekday night, so much smaller away following.

I guess if we lose at Donny we'll re-arrange the Peterborough home game for the 24th.

people wishing wed lost yesterday because weve not got a glamour game what a f...in joke, get over it.

how many teams at this stage get what they want, 5 or 6 ?

very winnable game,play the first team and great chance of going through.

if we then drew one of the big boys would they still wish we had lost to telford?

And I don't buy this concentrate on the league stuff, it's not like get knocked out and that's promotion sorted.

Archived