IGNORED

What Player Additions Will We Need For Fixture Build Up ?

Major Isewater

• Admin

We all know we're running with a small squad ,what additions do you think we'll need to carry us through ?

I'm concerned for goalkeeping cover and in attack .

GK not a problem as unless they are going to play, there is no point in wasting wages on someone keeping the bench warm

Any injury to FF would see us in the emergency loan market overnight and get an ideal replacement

I personally thought that we were one light up front before Burns went to Oxford, with him swapping for Smith, still would prefer another option from the bench. If nothing else Sunday against Telford showed that we were lacking an alternative up front

Midfield seems ok at present, we've coped ok with Elliott's suspension, so with the addition of Kane we look ok in that department

Defensively to me we are only lacking someone who can come in and fit into the three centre backs roll, El Abd often struggled but now we only really have Osbourne as cover. He is a real enigma as I'm sure if it wasn't for his injury in Botswana he would have started the season in place of Flint

The key is not to rest on out laurels, even though we are currently top we should always be looking to improve. I always think back a few seasons ago when we didn't strengthen the side going into the new year, we ended up losing top spot to Watford on the last day of the season when that title should have been ours that season

Its a hard one as with such a small squad you can argue we need bolstering all over the field.

However we have been lucky with injuries so far and we have players that are good enough to play a slightly different role if required

SC is trying to keep costs low by using the loan market to cover for injuries and suspensions and that has been pretty successful so far...

My instinct is that he will continue to use the loan/emergency loan market to cover for injury/suspension as this is less likely to upset the dynamic we have going and players want to come here if the opportunity occurs....We are top of the league after all!

Its a hard one as with such a small squad you can argue we need bolstering all over the field.

However we have been lucky with injuries so far and we have players that are good enough to play a slightly different role if required

SC is trying to keep costs low by using the loan market to cover for injuries and suspensions and that has been pretty successful so far...

My instinct is that he will continue to use the loan/emergency loan market to cover for injury/suspension as this is less likely to upset the dynamic we have going and players want to come here if the opportunity occurs....We are top of the league after all!

Agreed, I think January will be used to bring in maybe one permanent player, if cotts sees fit to bring other players in, I would imagine he would dip into the loan market as per.

What I like about our squad in general, is that they are all comfortable playing football and are all attack minded.

You could arguably say Flint and El Abd are one position ponies...but the rest of the squad are very versatile, and can play in different positions around the pitch.

I like the way we are going. We are a versatile team that can always attack.

Flint is an excellent addition at set pieces...and Del is good at doing the cleaning up.

I love the fact that the rest of the team can all attack, and that in Ayling, Smith, Pack and Elliott we have players that can work the ball.

It's quiet a modern way of playing and I'm liking our transition.

Bryan and Little cover a lot of ground and are imperitive to our success. Both players happy to cut inside as well as get to the bye line. The Chelsea lad would be good cover for these two...as well as the centre of midfield.

Another forward like Doyle or Smith would be great.

I was reading an article about playing Gerrard and Lampard as 'CB' for England when playing against teams with no direct threat.

Having a team of players that can pass and position you out of the game.

I'd love to see us be brave enough to have this team come out one day in the not so distant future...

-------------------------------------FF--------------------------------------------

Ayling--------------------------  Pack-----------------------------------Bryan

--------------Kane--------------------------------Smith------------------------

-----------------------------------Elliott-------------------------------------------

---------Freeman-------------------------------------------Doyle-------------

------------------------------Agard--------Wilbs-------------------------------

Subs... GK, Flint, Little, Williams,JET, Waggy, Grimes

Archived