IGNORED

Google Chrome

Markman

I've been on Firefox for ages and don't wnat to change; but speaking to the IT nargs at work they pretty much all use Chrome as being the best current browser.

In which case why do they force useless IE upon the rest of us? :grr:

My IT narg (good word Btw) recommends Komodo.

I don't know why.

Chrome generally gets the latest security standards rolled out quicker from what I see.

I use chrome, but it seems to be getting slower year by year. Still quicker than ie and Firefox IMO. But they all have their uses, all dependant on how shoddy web site designers are. So worth having all three mentioned installed

Chrome does start a new process for every tab so is a higher drain on the cpu. That said any modern computer should cope easily.

But because of that it's fundamentally a lot safer

I've been on Firefox for ages and don't wnat to change; but speaking to the IT nargs at work they pretty much all use Chrome as being the best current browser.

In which case why do they force useless IE upon the rest of us? :grr:

Most likely because Firefox/Chrome aren't as easy to manage centrally like IE is.

Also if you have custom built web-apps or the like there may be compatibility issues. Usually means you end up on an older version of IE as well

getadblock?

Ok - looked at this and the people seem fine but ask for a voluntary donation - what are people paying I don/t want to be a tightwad but if I pay nothing would I still get it?

Aye sure don't worry, its free. Adblock is just great, when using banking online though you may have to click the Red Hexagon top right of your browser and 'allow cookies' otherwise you can get problems logging in, but don't worry, its your bank right?

Meh If you don't have it, CCleaner is a good addition at improving your browsing/speed and registry related lags. I use that with Malware bytes  and windows defender. Its been trouble free browsing and viruss/malware is 0%

Archived