IGNORED

It's Only The 31St Anniversary.....

BS4 on Tour...

Was only talking about this game yesterday with a mate. We were trying to guess the team.

Was only 14 at the time so memory is well hazy but thought it was

Shaw

Stevens

G Williams??

Forbes PM

Halliday

Ritchie

Stroud

Pritchard

Hirst

Riley

Morgan??

I'm sure some older viewers will put me right, if I'm wrong.

• Admin

I think of all the games that I wasn't at (too young!) this stands out for me. Even more than promotion to Division 1, even more than winning at Highbury on the opening day - I'd want to be at E*stville for this one

It's watching this, reminds me what a dump Eastville really was !

For some reason the gas have always had a habit of playing at dumps, is that a coincidence?

I was telling a mate recently that my biggest memory of the game wasn't either goal or Cooper's appearance as a sub but a brilliant foul by Phillipson-Masters on Randall when we were one down, chopping him down as he was through on goal.

Probably a red card these days (he was booked) but vital in keeping us in the game before we turned it round. He made the long haired gypsy bump down,too!

I was telling a mate recently that my biggest memory of the game wasn't either goal or Cooper's appearance as a sub but a brilliant foul by Phillipson-Masters on Randall when we were one down, chopping him down as he was through on goal.

Probably a red card these days (he was booked) but vital in keeping us in the game before we turned it round. He made the long haired gypsy bump down,too!

Forbes Phillipson-Masters has to be the poshest name ever to grace a football field, though graceful he was not

....of my fave ever game so far....

Dec 10th 1983 Gas 1 CITY 2 FA Cup second round at the IKEA Stadium!

The memories still make me smile and punch the air! What a day....

Better to be punching the air than punching the horse!

A bit of shine has come off of that game now though hasn't it.

I mean, it's hardly worth getting excited about how we beat a now Non League bunch of squatting muppets?

Back then they were in a higher div than us....

Yes I know....and they also had a Tote End then too.

They seem to think they still have a Tote End the way judging by the way that they harp on about it....Mind you, you'd also think that Rickie Lambert still played for them judging by the way their faces light up and their hands drop into the front of their pants whenever his name his mentioned in an England squad!

It was a great away day for City fans. Three relegations, bankruptcy and ending up bottom of the league in December 1982.

So this cup win away at the Gas was a special day.

For me it is also very poignant, because my late wife was with me and as we were at the bottom of the Muller Road terrace and she was wearing a full length white overcoat, I can spot her on two occasions during the video. She is also on the video of the away win at Arsenal when Big Cheese scored, sitting with me in the front row of the stand.

So both wins are very meaningful for me.

COYREDS.

Archived