IGNORED

Area Final (Merged)

chivers88

The Northern half of the draw was partially delayed. Walsall are in their area final, but don't know yet whether they'll be playing Notts Co or PNE.

Maybe I'm being arrogant here, but I think the league and Johnstone Paints will be hoping City beat the Gills so that there's at least one "glamour" team in the Wembley Final.

Highest is Wolves v Burnley 80,841 in 1988

Can't see this year being anywhere near that.

Are you sure? I thought the Bristol City V Stoke City final was more than 80,000. My predictions are -

Bristol City v PNE 73,000

Bristol City v Notts County 68,000

Bristol City v Walsall 63,000

Gillingham v any of above 45,000-55,000

City vs PNE would break all the previous League Trophy attendances, I'm sure.

Unlikely, even if both sets of fans bought all available tickets in available a record would still need many "Club Wembley" seats to be used - considering many of these are even empty for League Cup and Championship playoff finals I can't imagine the prawn sandwich brigade will be rushing to watch to League 1 teams!

Anyone know if their normally on Sky?

From the link Cynic posted

"Dates for the first legs to be confirmed following consultation with Sky Sports, and second leg dates will be confirmed subject to involvement in the draw for the fourth round of the FA Cup. 

There is no away goals rule in the area final and in the event of scores being level after the conclusion of the two legs the winner shall be determined by penalty kicks. "

• Admin

From the link Cynic posted

"Dates for the first legs to be confirmed following consultation with Sky Sports, and second leg dates will be confirmed subject to involvement in the draw for the fourth round of the FA Cup. 

There is no away goals rule in the area final and in the event of scores being level after the conclusion of the two legs the winner shall be determined by penalty kicks. "

This is different to what City have posted

Dates for the first legs will be confirmed following consultation with Sky Sports, and second leg dates will be confirmed subject to involvement in the draw for the fourth round of the FA Cup.

There is now an away goals rule in the area final and in the event of scores being level after the conclusion of the two legs, the winner shall be determined by penalty kicks.

Read more at http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/city-travel-first-in-area-final-2136544.aspx#JxSRGLzwtTMwXsAt.99

Archived