IGNORED

Christmas Beer Run

Kid in the Riot

I remember there was a cracking thread on here a while ago about beer but it has disappeared...

So, what is everyone stocking the cupboards with over the holiday period?

I'm on the lookout for some recommendations from our resident experts.

Generally I like golden/amber lighter stuff like Fursty Ferret, St Peters Organic, Tribute but also some fuller flavoured stuff like Gem and London Pride.

Open to all suggestions though: cider, gin obviously...

And given the sensitivity of the "other" thread remember everyone: don't drink and drive, you might spill it

On the beer front I like a 6X , most IPAs and of course good old Courage Best.....Directors if I fancy something fuller. Tribute is quite nice if you like a lighter ale.

Don't usually touch cider in the colder months, been drinking plenty of mulled wine/ Gluhwein lately.

My in-laws are staying with us over xmas and he's a serious beer drinker. I'm planning to get in some Old Speckled Hen and some Doombar. He'll be happy with that and so will I. She's a white wine drinker so a selection for her.

Mrs Robbo hardly drinks but has the occasional glass of red. I'll go for some San Miguel just for change. My son likes JD but he'll have to do with Jamiesons.

i love a good british, and usually local, ale. like butcombe gold or pitchfork. but while stacking shelves at a famous supermarket the other night, i managed to smash a whole case of an american ale called brewdog punk IPA. the aromas from it were amazing. ill be treating myself to one of them over chrimbo.

Brewdog is actually Scottish mate, though they make American-style ales and lagers. Their stuff tends to be expensive but it's generally very good

I'll be in Canada this Christmas so I'm looking forward to trying some beers from the far side of the pond. If I was here I'd be trying to get hold of large quantities of Marble 'Earl Grey IPA' or anything by Magic Rock or Great Heck brewery's. All topped off with lashings of red wine, lots of whisky and a stinking hangover

i love a good british, and usually local, ale. like butcombe gold or pitchfork. but while stacking shelves at a famous supermarket the other night, i managed to smash a whole case of an american ale called brewdog punk IPA. the aromas from it were amazing. ill be treating myself to one of them over chrimbo. 

Tried a couple of those a few weeks back, very nice. 

Adnams Ghost Ship and Sharps Atlantic IPA are my faves out of a bottle. Though will be down my local in Thornbury more often... 6 guest ales...

If you ever get the chance, try Maiden Voyage from Great Western Brewery in Hambrook. Beautiful pint.

Hoegarden.

JD.

Rekordalig (sp) Strawberry & Lime. 

Strawberry and lime cider???????Mods this cannot be allowed surely!

There's nothing wrong with being in touch with your feminine side. If dez chooses to drink a girls drink then that's up to him...

It'll be for breakfast ;)

Whilst you do your makeup and straighten your hair?

Proper Job and Doombar down the local and some

Hobsons Snuffly Hedge Grog (British Hedgehog Preservation Society Ale)

just in case a certain pster drops in! :xmas:

Thanks for that. I've ordered a case of Old *****ly :)

After all, it's for charity, innit?

Archived