IGNORED

Marv

Super

All I ask from our players is that they care and they have a go.

If we don't win we don't win, but have a go and give it your best shot - you'll find City crowds will back you.

If I place a line of Care for the Club with the two ends representing the extremes of care factor for us.

On one far end I would place Marv and Louis Carey - at the far other end I would place c0ckheads like Jody Morris and Nicky Hunt.

All I ask from our players is that they care and they have a go.

If we don't win we don't win, but have a go and give it your best shot - you'll find City crowds will back you.

If I place a line of Care for the Club with the two ends representing the extremes of care factor for us.

On one far end I would place Marv and Louis Carey - at the far other end I would place c0ckheads like Jody Morris and Nicky Hunt.

I can always accept players not being good enough but not wasters that don't care and are stealing a wage.

All this "he was only good in his first season" stuff is bollocks, too.

In 2010/11 he scored eight times in the Championship, (without the aid of any penalties) no one did that in midfield for us at that level afterwards..

One of those was a cracking header at Watford away, one of the biggest leaps I've seen!

Anyway, past that season he wasn't great, but not having that he only had one good season either.

Actually my mistake, I'm sure McGivern set him up for that header, and I think that was 11/12 season

All this "he was only good in his first season" stuff is bollocks, too.

In 2010/11 he scored eight times in the Championship, (without the aid of any penalties) no one did that in midfield for us at that level afterwards..

The point I was making was that Marv was a limited but useful player to have. He was excellent in the air in both boxes and could put in a decent tackle.

That said he lacked the vision or "reading" of the game to be in the same top class as Tinnion, Skuse or Hartley and wasn't a natural footballer. His ball skills were negligible, so poor in fact that he rarely went past a player.

One of those was a cracking header at Watford away, one of the biggest leaps I've seen!

Anyway, past that season he wasn't great, but not having that he only had one good season either.

Actually my mistake, I'm sure McGivern set him up for that header, and I think that was 11/12 season

Spot on. Because he was THAT good in his first season people seem to think he was poor afterwards. He was still a key player for at least the following 3 seasons. Even last season he was playing a key role before his injury, his double against Carlisle comes to mind

The point I was making was that Marv was a limited but useful player to have. He was excellent in the air in both boxes and could put in a decent tackle.

That said he lacked the vision or "reading" of the game to be in the same top class as Tinnion, Skuse or Hartley and wasn't a natural footballer. His ball skills were negligible, so poor in fact that he rarely went past a player.

Yet me made the championship team of the year, did any of the others? No thought not.

That first season with us he was fantastic and better than any you mentioned. Without him we would of been nowhere near the playoffs.

Oh look, another needless debate about a former player.

Why is it a needless debate?

He was a key player in our reaching the Championship play off final, he was fairly ever present when injury free, divided opinion over whether he was just a trier or a good player as well, cared about the results unlike many we have seen before this season and he is coming back to play against us.

It's a far more relevant debate than the size of Matt Smith's arse or deciding what makes a part-timer or a super supporter.

Yet me made the championship team of the year, did any of the others? No thought not.

That first season with us he was fantastic and better than any you mentioned. Without him we would of been nowhere near the playoffs.

Like I said earlier in this thread. He had one good season, his first. After that he was average at best.

That's a very well crafted and well thought out response. You must be very intellectually gifted.

Is Zzzzzzzzzzz with 10 Z's or 11?

Apologies that you didn't appreciate the ironic tone in my, admittedly slightly clumsy, attempt at a humorous, one line, put down.

But I am certainly up for having my intellectual capacity compared against yours though Robbo...

Apologies that you didn't appreciate the ironic tone in my, admittedly slightly clumsy, attempt at a humorous, one line, put down.

But I am certainly up for having my intellectual capacity compared against yours though Robbo...

You're too cognitively powerful for me.

Archived