IGNORED

Okay...we Were Poor

Welcome To The Jungle

Dont agree. I thought it was a decent atmosphere .

The fans were great, very frustrating to watch with Crawleys dire dire tactics of time wasting at every opurtunity and simulation when ever they hit the deck.... Fully deserved 3 points and on a freezing cold day I think the fans should be applauded for sticking with it

I thought we were quiet on the whole too, but it seemed a difficult game to get going for some reason. We started off well, had a hatful of chances within the first few moments then faded somewhat and the crowd did the same. It was very frustrating to see Crawley put everyone behind the ball, they came for a point and almost succeeded in frustrating us.

Of course it's their right to play like that, but it makes it a dull spectacle. We were playing our third game in six days and it showed. Infact it looked like we were playing like we lost the previous two. Maybe we had tired legs or a few players with knocks, maybe we still are adopting to Matt Smith and having Wade back, but we just dint click today. Much of what we tried didn't come off.

But we didn't give in and made Crawley pay for their continuous time wasting. Relief all round. Yes we did enough to deserve all 3 points.

Support isn't all about which people sing the loudest though is it. I sit in the Dolman and fair enough we don't burst into song to amuse ourselves every five minutes. We do cheer, clap, shout and jump to our feet quite often though but obviously this isn't noticed as much as several hundred grouped together doing it at the same time.

I thought we were quiet on the whole too, but it seemed a difficult game to get going for some reason. We started off well, had a hatful of chances within the first few moments then faded somewhat and the crowd did the same. It was very frustrating to see Crawley put everyone behind the ball, they came for a point and almost succeeded in frustrating us.

Of course it's their right to play like that, but it makes it a dull spectacle. We were playing our third game in six days and it showed. Infact it looked like we were playing like we lost the previous two. Maybe we had tired legs or a few players with knocks, maybe we still are adopting to Matt Smith and having Wade back, but we just dint click today. Much of what we tried didn't come off.

But we didn't give in and made Crawley pay for their continuous time wasting. Relief all round. Yes we did enough to deserve all 3 points.

Support isn't all about which people sing the loudest though is it. I sit in the Dolman and fair enough we don't burst into song to amuse ourselves every five minutes. We do cheer, clap, shout and jump to our feet quite often though but obviously this isn't noticed as much as several hundred grouped together doing it at the same time.

I really don't understand how you can say we didn't click today...apart from putting the ball in the back of the net early doors, we were all over them.

They didn't have one shot on target.

We out played them all over the pitch.

The only frustrating thing is we didn't score early doors...because of this I think it's clouding peoples judgement.

70% possession and 19 shots on target.

Frank had nothing to do all day.

As for the crowd...I can purely put the atmosphere down to it just being three sides...it really effects the mood of the ground.

I normally sit in the Prem seating, but today sat with some mates in the Dolman. It was dead...I think that may have been down to being blinded by the Sun for half the game...won't be sitting there again without sunglasses.

I could hear the 'singing corner' :facepalm: a little...the most noise was when Harold came on for Crawley...

Either way...we as a Club have been getting quieter each season imho.

I really don't understand how you can say we didn't click today...apart from putting the ball in the back of the net early doors, we were all over them.

The only frustrating thing is we didn't score early doors...because of this I think it's clouding peoples judgement.

As for the crowd...I can purely put the atmosphere down to it just being three sides...it really effects the mood of the ground.

I normally sit in the Prem seating, but today sat with some mates in the Dolman. It was dead...I think that may have been down to being blinded by the Sun for half the game...won't be sitting there again without sunglasses.

I could hear the 'singing corner' :facepalm: a little...the most noise was when Harold came on for Crawley...

I can't describe how we didn't click, and yes it's only my opinion. We are often told that stats don't lie but although it's hard to disagree w I don't feel I watched a game where we bossed everything as the stats suggest.

Yes we dominated, but we didn't. We certainly weren't full of slick passing and movement. Several times I saw players gesture that they had been looking for options but found none. Too many times it was hit and hope rather than picking out the pass which is more the standard we have come to accept.

I do agree it was only us looking to play, if Crawley had wanted a win themselves the game would have been more open. We would then had the space to play our game, which afterall has seen us be successful so far.

I can't describe how we didn't click, and yes it's only my opinion. We are often told that stats don't lie but although it's hard to disagree w I don't feel I watched a game where we bossed everything as the stats suggest.

Yes we dominated, but we didn't. We certainly weren't full of slick passing and movement. Several times I saw players gesture that they had been looking for options but found none. Too many times it was hit and hope rather than picking out the pass which is more the standard we have come to accept.

I do agree it was only us looking to play, if Crawley had wanted a win themselves the game would have been more open. We would then had the space to play our game, which afterall has seen us be successful so far.

It was being patient and trying to find that piece of space that was the problem. The 'options' were few and far between.

Crawley were quiet disciplined and often wouldn't be drawn out of position.

It was a waiting game, and in the end we needed just one bit of class to win.

What pleased me, was we didn't panic, and stuck to a game plan.

Unfortunately, because of our record and position, teams are going to keep coming to the Gate and close shop.

It's no surprise our performances have been more positive for want of a better word, away from home, where we have more room to play our natural game.

I was really impressed today...for many reasons that usually go unnoticed in a game.

If they had a bit about them going forward they would of probably won the game. I lost count of the amount of times they attacked and had us outnumbered but did nothing with it. We would of been punished without doubt against better opposition.

If they had a bit about them going forward they would of probably won the game. I lost count of the amount of times they attacked and had us outnumbered but did nothing with it. We would of been punished without doubt against better opposition.

And if it wasn't for Crawleys keeper we could of been 3-0 up inside 20 minutes,there is no way they were going to beat us.

I stand in E block Williams and think the atmosphere is really poor this season. You wouldn't believe we were top of the league. There was even a few chants of "top of the league and we still don't sing"!

It feels like only a really small percentage of the block are interested in trying to lift the players, with most only singing when we're winning.

The problem is where this area is so packed the people who want to make some noise can't congregate like we used to in the eastend.

Sadly I think the location of E block makes it poor for atmosphere. They give it a good go in there - don't think sound carries well to other parts.

I had a look at the Atyeo today - I would love it if a few years along the line the club refit it - like the dolman. If they bought in a lower roof and took out those red "dividers" thst break up the stand, and thus made it truly one tier, you would have a classic kop style stand. It wouldn't have to be much more capacity - but would finish the ground. In theory if this happened, I think it could be great potential for the new "home end". Its not joined up to the bowl so breaks up the look, if it was totally unreserved with a seating refit and new roof, it could be a good end for singers to use.

I think ideally home fans should be behind both goals. If this was to happen, I think away fans could go in block A of the new dolman. They're out the way, away from the tunnel, not beind a goal and still in range of vocal home support which adds to the atmosphere.

Wishful thinking on my part, and a possible good few years down the line - not to mention potential planning issues - but I would love this option to be looked at.

The problem is not necessarily the amount of singing but instead the volume. A lot of songs are started in E block so that's not the issue but only a percentage of the people in E block actually join in meaning they create no atmosphere because it's only loud enough for people in their vicinity to hear. Now, if everyone in there joined in then not only would the volume obviously increase but people would be more likely to start chants as they'd know there will be a lot of people who would support them in their song. 

If you were right next to E block yesterday then it sounds alright, but I always get the feeling it wouldn't be that significant a noise elsewhere in the ground for the vast majority of the chants.

The Ateyo was built for the home fans to replace the East End, and was thought the hard core of the singers would end up there.

But no, it turned into a family stand where you might get a few chants when the team were playing ok. Playing  FA Cup games or against the gas it could be electric, but so could the other home stands. We have ended up with pockets of fans in different parts trying to give it a bash but others around them them are not quite so enthusiastic. The East End was the orchestra of the ground, with it's energy where supporters wanted to be. It gave birth to the Park Enders,( or the lads) and even the en closers had  it's regular singers.

Even when we go to places like Wembley the atmosphere is pants. Playing against Bolton in the freight rover was electric, not because we were winning but the fact that we still had the East End effect. 

To me the club ruined the atmosphere , and with some of the rubbish we witnessed since the Ateyo was built the hard core got fed up because the ground had lost it's heart. 

So when the new stand is up and running the club has to have a non ticket holder section.

My spin if you don't agree, you were not  there with East End rocking.

The Ateyo was built for the home fans to replace the East End, and was thought the hard core of the singers would end up there.

But no, it turned into a family stand where you might get a few chants when the team were playing ok. Playing FA Cup games or against the gas it could be electric, but so could the other home stands. We have ended up with pockets of fans in different parts trying to give it a bash but others around them them are not quite so enthusiastic. The East End was the orchestra of the ground, with it's energy where supporters wanted to be. It gave birth to the Park Enders,( or the lads) and even the en closers had it's regular singers.

Even when we go to places like Wembley the atmosphere is pants. Playing against Bolton in the freight rover was electric, not because we were winning but the fact that we still had the East End effect.

To me the club ruined the atmosphere , and with some of the rubbish we witnessed since the Ateyo was built the hard core got fed up because the ground had lost it's heart.

So when the new stand is up and running the club has to have a non ticket holder section.

My spin if you don't agree, you were not there with East End rocking.

That's my thinking behind my post about the Atyeo - if families relocated to new South stand, with a revamp and a few aesthetic improvements the Atyeo could, theoretically, be a good home end.

I didn't think the atmosphere was too bad. Some people like to sing and some don't. It has always been the same down Ashton gate. It's only really ever been small sections that tend to sing.

I can assure you that, back in the day, virtually the whole East End would sing - and bring the other stands in to join in the song.

Archived