IGNORED

Next Season

22A

Just idle speculation and IF the season ended with all teams in the positions they are now.

1. How many of the squad would be deemed not good enough for the Championship.

2. Bournemouth & M'boro' in the Prem; would they let go players who are good enough for the Championship, but not the Prem? For example if he was available, would Albert Adomah be welcomed back?

3. With Hartlepool & Carlisle likely to be in the Conference and Gateshead already there, poorly supported teams from the South now have at least three lengthy away trips to look forward to.

Fielding with confidence

Ayling

Williams

Bryan

Freeman

Elliot  old but a quality palyer with knowhow, something we would need

Smith

arethe ones for me with the quality for it.

Flint, I don't know, sometimes I think yes, some times no, he will need to keep improving to make it.

Agard, dunno, another that I think probably won't a good sniffer around the box, but i don't think he is clinical enough

Little athletic runner, not sure that is good enough at the next level

Wilbraham, having a very good season, not  sure he would carry that on in goal scoring terms, but his general forward play is good enough..  Old though, would we continue with him?  50/50, I think his experience would be useful

JET, needs to impress the manger more, has all the quality in the world, more than enough for that level, but does he impress whe given a set role rather than a free role, I don't think he does.

after that, not sure, i don't think there is the quality there, so if we go up, we would in my opinion need 5-7 new players.  Our youngster should be getting game time while we are on a high, they are not, like they don't get a chance when were are doing poorly, unfortunately, they are the two states we always seem to be in, so apart from Bryan, I really cannot comment.

I have a funny feeling we will strengthen in January if we are still in top 2...looking for players who will be of championship standard...Doyle has certainly already been muted and I think their is truth in this.

However in answer to op, from what I have see with cotterill and his trust in a very regular starting line up that most of this team will be given the chance to impress and carry on the good work in the championship....I am still not convinced with fielding at a much higher standard so would want an experienced championship keeper...another striker will be a must, I love what willbraham has done this season but he may be a stead type of big impact player in the championship but not a regular starter.

Finally I would like to see another creative midfielder alongside freeman to share responsibility with freeman as wade is knocking on a bit now...

Think the defence would almost certainly stay the same but with replacements for El bad and Osborne

Just idle speculation and IF the season ended with all teams in the positions they are now.

1. How many of the squad would be deemed not good enough for the Championship.

2. Bournemouth & M'boro' in the Prem; would they let go players who are good enough for the Championship, but not the Prem? For example if he was available, would Albert Adomah be welcomed back?

3. With Hartlepool & Carlisle likely to be in the Conference and Gateshead already there, poorly supported teams from the South now have at least three lengthy away trips to look forward to.

When you say poorly supported teams in the south,were you thinking of any one team or southern teams in general.

Fielding with confidence

Ayling

Williams

Bryan

Freeman

Smith

Swap Flint for Williams and you're not far off TRL. To include Williams but doubt the Titan Flint's credentials strikes me as bizarre.

I take it the Swindon fans in your office aren't mocking Flint any more, and that you've now had the opportunity to see with your own eyes how ill judged, bitter, jealous, and plainly wrong their absurdly critical comments were.

If you're going to games these days that is, because on the recent performances I've seen from Derrick Williams he certainly wouldn't be going on my list of City players who I'd be confident of making the step up.

Fielding with confidence

Ayling

Williams

Bryan

Freeman

Smith

Flint, I don't know, sometimes I think yes, some times no, he will need to keep improving to make it.

Agard, dunno, another that I think probably won't a good sniffer around the box, but i don't think he is clinical enough

Little athletic runner, not sure that is good enough at the next level

Wilbraham, having a very good season, not  sure he would carry that on in goal scoring terms, but his general forward play is good enough..  Old though, would we continue with him?  50/50, I think his experience would be useful

JET, needs to impress the manger more, has all the quality in the world, more than enough for that level, but does he impress whe given a set role rather than a free role, I don't think he does.

after that, not sure, i don't think there is the quality there, so if we go up, we would in my opinion need 5-7 new players.  Our youngster should be getting game time while we are on a high, they are not, like they don't get a chance when were are doing poorly, unfortunately, they are the two states we always seem to be in, so apart from Bryan, I really cannot comment.

I think that Flint is the strong, physical, dependable Center Half that every successful team needs. I hope he will continue to improve, as he is currently a good Championship defender and could go on to a much higher level. I cannot think of many times that he has put a foot wrong this season.

Swap Flint for Williams and you're not far off TRL. To include Williams but doubt the Titan Flint's credentials strikes me as bizarre.

I take it the Swindon fans in your office aren't mocking Flint any more, and that you've now had the opportunity to see with your own eyes how ill judged, bitter, jealous, and plainly wrong their absurdly critical comments were.

If you're going to games these days that is, because on the recent performances I've seen from Derrick Williams he certainly wouldn't be going on my list of City players who I'd be confident of making the step up.

I think Williams has the ability to improves lot,i also think Flint does, but Flint is a little limited in what he can bring, concentration is certainly up, but there are attributes he has which I think are very very good at this level, but not so sure the next level up.I am thinking Mcombe (who I personally thought got a bad press at championship level)  I think he could play there, but it could be pushing him to the very limits of his ability

Swindon Colleagues rated him when he was with an experienced partner..  I pointed out to them, his partners are not experienced this season.  But maybe be the 3 at the back is suiting him, because he certainly picked up his performances once Cotterill arrived and changed the formation.

I go to some away game,still no home games

I think Williams has the ability to improves lot,i also think Flint does, but Flint is a little limited in what he can bring, concentration is certainly up, but there are attributes he has which I think are very very good at this level, but not so sure the next level up.I am thinking Mcombe (who I personally thought got a bad press at championship level)  I think he could play there, but it could be pushing him to the very limits of his ability

Swindon Colleagues rated him when he was with an experienced partner..  I pointed out to them, his partners are not experienced this season.  But maybe be the 3 at the back is suiting him, because he certainly picked up his performances once Cotterill arrived and changed the formation.

I go to some away game,still no home games

I agree, Williams does have the potential to improve. He's still young and has some definite attributes but his positioning, and particularly his distribution, are nowhere near Championship standard at this stage, and he may have only a matter of 8 months to make what would need to be quite a dramatic improvement.

I also agree with your comparison between Flint and McCombe. Two things though, McCombe was never as consistently dominant as Flint has been this season, and Flint is far more mobile than Jamie. I would also add that imo McCombe was fine for City in the Championship until being asked to play through injuries when his form suffered quite dramatically, the crowd turned against him, and he went from hero to zero fairly quickly. He's remembered far less favourably than he should be imo.

My worry with Flint is he's been so imperiously outstanding we may lose him to a Championship club before we get there. We know Huddersfield were showing interest at the end of the last transfer window, and they, or others may return, because he has certainly entrenched and enhanced his reputation since. What we do know for certain about Flint is that from non league to L1 he has stepped up his game to whatever level he's played at. He's now consistently outstanding at this level, so no doubt at all in my mind he will cope at the next.

Sorry you haven't found your way back to AG by the way, although I do remember your reasoning behind your boycott. I was forced to miss my first home league game of the season yesterday after a recent accident, and it hurt (in more ways than 1!) I really couldn't imagine an indefinite period away from AG, it would make me bloody miserable!

I think that Flint is underrated and could surprise people if we get promoted. A lot of players who are tall, good in the air, and are just consistently good at the basics are not always appreciated because they aren't spectacular. To me, he's a better version of Jamie McCombe. Initially McCombe played well in the Championship, particularly the first season when part of a good defence that didn't concede many goals.

I agree, Williams does have the potential to improve. He's still young and has some definite attributes but his positioning, and particularly his distribution, are nowhere near Championship standard at this stage, and he may have only a matter of 8 months to make what would need to be quite a dramatic improvement.

I also agree with your comparison between Flint and McCombe. Two things though, McCombe was never as consistently dominant as Flint has been this season, and Flint is far more mobile than Jamie. I would also add that imo McCombe was fine for City in the Championship until being asked to play through injuries when his form suffered quite dramatically, the crowd turned against him, and he went from hero to zero fairly quickly. He's remembered far less favourably than he should be imo.

My worry with Flint is he's been so imperiously outstanding we may lose him to a Championship club before we get there. We know Huddersfield were showing interest at the end of the last transfer window, and they, or others may return, because he has certainly entrenched and enhanced his reputation since. What we do know for certain about Flint is that from non league to L1 he has stepped up his game to whatever level he's played at. He's now consistently outstanding at this level, so no doubt at all in my mind he will cope at the next.

Sorry you haven't found your way back to AG by the way, although I do remember your reasoning behind your boycott. I was forced to miss my first home league game of the season yesterday after a recent accident, and it hurt (in more ways than 1!) I really couldn't imagine an indefinite period away from AG, it would make me bloody miserable!

I agree with most of that.  We need to see him at a higher level (Flint) to see how he copes, he is very dominant, but I wonder what he can do against more clever opposition,either way he is improving, and as I have always said, he is a oaf, but a oaf I like, I think the bloke does play up to a pre conceived idea of him, I think he does have a bit more about him than meets the eye.  Anyway, long may his good form continue.  And lets hope it is permanent, 

As for my non attendance at home, looks like it is working for the good of the team as well, so I best stay away :)you heard it here first, the good form is all down to me,nowtto do with those o the pitch ;)

Archived