IGNORED

Red Seats At Sunderland

A Horse With No Name

Did anybody else notice the red seats at the Stadium Of Light on MOTD last night? Pretty much every one, certainly in the lower areas where the sun gets, were very badly faded, and almost a pinky white colour. Every so often, where a seat has been replaced, you have a bright red one, but it makes the whole stadium look cheap and old. For a stadium only 17 years old, I was shocked at how quickly the seats discoloured, and I haven't seen it on this scale anywhere else, including our own Atyeo, although I believe the Dolman faded badly several years ago,  but as I said, it would depend how on much sunlight gets onto them. It is a well known fact that red (paint or ink) is the worst colour for fading due to the pigments in it. I just hope that we don't have the same issues with our new stands, as a spanking new stadium can look very tatty in a short space of time.

I was thinking that in order to make our stadium look all new and fresh, they'd need to replace all the seats in the dolman and the atyeo otherwise it will look a bit odd as none of it will match. Shiny new seats in the 2 new stands then different shades of red everywhere else. Would be too costly to do that though surely?

I was thinking that in order to make our stadium look all new and fresh, they'd need to replace all the seats in the dolman and the atyeo otherwise it will look a bit odd as none of it will match. Shiny new seats in the 2 new stands then different shades of red everywhere else. Would be too costly to do that though surely?

Or put already faded seats into the new stands..?

Paint thinners/boiled linseed oil mix, applied with clean rag then rubbed off with dry cloth apparently restores most of the faded oxidised colour back again..

Issue ST holders a small amount of the mixture, a couple of rags and a marigold glove - hey presto diy restored red seats at half time. :)

Our fans would probably drink it , and ask for food vouchers as well.

Archived