IGNORED

U21's V Swansea

Major Isewater

Very disheartening isn't it?

Hard to see much point unless we can at least keep the best players long enough to shine in our first team, at which stage they'd go with everyone's best wishes if the club gets a good fee for them.

Presuming they're local lads you'd think they'd at least want to make their mark at Ashton Gate, but deciding to stay with City if they get an offer from a Prem. club seems to be very much the exception.

Not even just PL clubs either if Davies is going to Fulham.

They are both Welsh

I think once the compensation amount has been hit,there's nothing much city can do !

Sounds like these lads are not being advised to well !

Parents /agents

Fulham and Tottenham are both cat 1 clubs. Actual contact time with a football i.e. training would be double the hours they are getting at Bristol under Cat 2 rules. Players know this and ALL would like to play for a cat 1 team and push themselves to improve and play against the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal, Southampton, etc. So I don't know about being badly advised is correct.

Believe me not there's.

Just to correct you, they've agreed nothing!!So where your getting your info from I don't know. I'm told Bristol City have made no attempt to tie Aron or Marley down on decent contracts and they now feel they must look else where (haven't played a competitive match in 6 months) . Bristol City have had numerous offers for Aron and he waited for Bristol to act they never. That's fine if there not interested in keeping him but its not all down to the player. Also due to the way the academy currently operates George Dowling U16 has told the club he will not sign a scholarship and take his chances at Southampton in summer. Seems to be a lot of players who want out?? 

Sorry if I sounded a bit pissy but I have been around academy football a long time and I know these 2 lads are very fond of BCFC. All they want to do is play for the club but due to lets say 'reasons beyond there control' they haven't been able to. Missing out on a FA Youth Cup fixture that both players would have made a big difference in. It's not all about money as they sensible lads who just want to progress.

Just fair deals like other players. There not the only ones who are thinking this. Where just talking about them because of interest from other clubs. They then get labelled disloyal.

The Fulham offer for Aron the rumour is was part of Matt Smith deal and was excepted by the club before Aron even knew.

Even by ur own admission they haven't kicked a ball in 6mths and you expect them to get good contracts .

You are right in what your saying but they haven't played because there not good enough. Both players would be with U21's.Clearence should have been obtained by the club before they got to scholarship age. It wasn't. This is not down to the players.

If the players couldn't play as they didn't get international clearance, why would a move to another club suddenly solve that? Am I therefore understanding they haven't played for 6months and City have let that happen, why would they do that?

Archived