IGNORED

No Kids Shirts For Christmas!

Bob Taylor is GOD

We wouldnt have this problem if we had a proper kit supplier?!?

Because Addidas were reliable weren't they. Added to that their kits looked shite. That thing we had last season was just terrible. 

Pros of making our own kit:

Better design

Purple and Lime

All profits to the club

Cons:

Takes longer to get

I'd rather have a nice city top and have to wait a bit. I know it is frustrating but it is certainly better

We wouldn't get anymore shirts full stop

Yeah I suspose your right, you'd just expect the new company Bristol Sport to be pulling out all the stops to supply all these Kids (our future fans) with replica shirts..

My son was a lucky one, I grabbed one of the last age 10's on Saturday.. He's been to 4 city games now and is absolutely hooked :).. But it looks like lots will miss out..

To fall short by Dec the 12 and with none coming in till the new year really is PISS POOR which ever way we dress it up!

It is the same situation with the Bristol Academy ladies shirts. We went into the megastore in  October and were told that if there was nothing on the rack now then that was it. I have two daughters who wanted the shirts for Christmas. Yet another business opportunity missed. It's not good is it ?

It is truly a major disappointment for all those children who wanted a shirt at xmas.

It makes me wonder about who is actually in charge of buying in and ordering stock? Is it the shop manager, or one of the assistant managers (assuming there is one). I have no idea but whoever it is will blame the suppliers no doubt.

It's disgraceful not to have adequate stock in place. Its the busiest time of the year ffs!

It is truly a major disappointment for all those children who wanted a shirt at xmas.

It makes me wonder about who is actually in charge of buying in and ordering stock? Is it the shop manager, or one of the assistant managers (assuming there is one). I have no idea but whoever it is will blame the suppliers no doubt.

It's disgraceful not to have adequate stock in place. Its the busiest time of the year ffs!

I agree. I think somewhere along the line somebody hasn't realised the importance of a football shirt to a child as a Christmas gift. Mine have grown up now but for years it was an 'easy' present for a relative to give. Now children will be disappointed, relatives will be rushing round trying to think of something else and the club will also lose out.

This all calls for an intervention from Bob Geldof.

A business on the level of City, not meeting demand is ridiculous. Part of me thinks due to SL being a billionaire, profit made on kids shirts at Christmas is considered small fry and therefore not bothering with? The mark up on the things must be enormous, though. It is baffling why City aren't all over this.

This is a problem in Football and its common up and down the land. No club wants to stock up with lorry loads of club shirts at Xmas time because they only have 5 months shelf life left before the new kits come out for the following season around May time and the last thing they want is to end up selling off lots of shirts at give away prices. 

This is a problem in Football and its common up and down the land. No club wants to stock up with lorry loads of club shirts at Xmas time because they only have 5 months shelf life left before the new kits come out for the following season around May time and the last thing they want is to end up selling off lots of shirts at give away prices. 

Applies to many types of business but most tend to get it right, don't they?

Tesco's et al have far more seasonal stock lines but they don't run out of mince pies a week before Christmas, normally.

The problem is you can't buy from anyone else.

Applies to many types of business but most tend to get it right, don't they?

Tesco's et al have far more seasonal stock lines but they don't run out of mince pies a week before Christmas, normally.

You can, you just need to think about where you go.

For example I know Sainsbury's sell mince pie. And Greggs.

Applies to many types of business but most tend to get it right, don't they?

It implies that a decision has been made that it is not financially sensible to purchase greater stock.

A very disappointing and short sighted decision for a self-proclaimed community football club.

Archived