IGNORED

If The Championship Came Calling Would The Boss Go?

ajs202

Just a thought....would an opportunity at Reading or other mid-table + club interest Cotterill before the end of the season?  Seems to love the job at the moment, everything is coming together and the board is supporting him in transfer window so I'd hope that he wouldn't want the leave 'the project'. Thoughts?

Not complaining but is it strange that Cotts isn't on that list when Cooper and Groves (first team coach at Crawley) amongst others are?

Anyway, if Reading did come in just get on the phone to Adkins about whether he wants another project taking a team from league 1 to the premier league again.

I can see why Steve Clarke is favourite. Reckon he will get it. Their type of appointment.

Not surprised Cotterill isn't in the running. Remember the reaction when he got the City job? Hardly supportive was it. That was only a year ago and he has failed before

Would be a similar job to what he's done here so the comparison would have got some attention I'd have thought. In a year from relegation zone to top of the league would get a different reaction now if he were to take another job.

Looks as though Brighton will be looking for a new manager soon too. As for Cotterill, he won't leave. Lansdown is a very very big reason he is here and in his unveiling he said he had always wanted to work for Lansdown. Plus as others have said, Cotterill has managed the likes of Forest, Burnley, Portsmouth all in the championship and never really got anywhere with them. Reading will either want someone young and upcoming or someone who has managed at Prem level i.e Clarke, who will probably get the job.

it depends on the size of the club and the amount of control he would get,

Say leeds came calling, he's be a fool to go, yes there a bigger club but there are so many problems going on there its not worth it,

If some one like middlesborough came in it may turn his head,

But like GJ I think he's here for the long hall

I think he's only a third of the way through hs project now, ask again in a couple of years. I think it would have to be one hell of an offer to make him leave us at this stage and I'm not such what anyone could offer that would better what he got here anyway.

A place in the Championship overnight perhaps, but he did the Great Eascape last season so he can tick that one off, he is in Promotion Mode now and focused on that. Look elsewhere other clubs, he is taking US up not saving you!

Hopefully Reading will come in for Cooper at Swindle.

(Big step up, just 40 miles up the road ??)

It's quite likely they will consider Cooper and I believe he'd go.

Swindon is a mere stepping stone for any manager that does half well there.

He's got his own morals, but would be tempted to step up a division and go to Reading, rather than gamble his career (and possible promotion) with Swindon.

it depends on the size of the club and the amount of control he would get,

Say leeds came calling, he's be a fool to go, yes there a bigger club but there are so many problems going on there its not worth it,

If some one like middlesborough came in it may turn his head,

But like GJ I think he's here for the long hall

Like this one?

long_hallway_JeffK.jpg

Archived