IGNORED

If The Championship Came Calling Would The Boss Go?

ajs202

Average tenure of a manager in England is 1.4 years. If I was a manager I would try to think of the best way to provide an income for my family over 10-15 years. Taking my love for city out of the equation, surely it would be advisable to capitalise on a good season and try to get an opportunity higher up the leagues where the money is better? If I don't succeed then I know I will get a decent pay off and keep the loved ones well catered for.

On the other hand.....why would anyone want to leave City? Best club in the world.

Average tenure of a manager in England is 1.4 years. If I was a manager I would try to think of the best way to provide an income for my family over 10-15 years. Taking my love for city out of the equation, surely it would be advisable to capitalise on a good season and try to get an opportunity higher up the leagues where the money is better? If I don't succeed then I know I will get a decent pay off and keep the loved ones well catered for.

On the other hand.....why would anyone want to leave City? Best club in the world.

Finish the job here first, see if close season promises are adhered to or go to Reading possibly get relegated and have the past 12 months counting for **** all, we are potentially a far bigger club than Reading if we can realise that potential.

I can of course understand the city bias, but if anyone thinks that cotterill or any player wouldnt walk out if a better offer came along is seriously deluded. There maybe 1 or 2 exceptions along the way, but the vast majority would try anything to force a move if it paid them enough.

Remember when JJ left for Hearts, similar position for SC now

As I remember there was a rule at the time where Scotland would only appoint a national team manager if you were managing in Scotland, which I guess may have been the real reason behind it

If Reading (or Brighton) came in and offered to double his money, do you really think he'd turn it down? As much as I wouldn't want it to happen right now, I wouldn't blame the bloke

As others have said, I think Clarke is a good fit for them, good choice

Think we are safe for the moment.

Not so much for me whether he would be interested, more who would offer? He will not be everyone's cup of tea, and if I am being honest, can see Cooper and Robinson from our league as ahead of him when they are looking around...for the moment. Hopefully by the time he is really attractive to them, we are a well established a Championship side anyway.

Archived