IGNORED

Mike Brolly

T R

Do you any of you remember this player? If so could you tell me what he was like. How many games did he play for us and did he score many goals etc etc. He is just one of those players that I cannot remember playing on the field at the time. Only asking because I found this article a couple of years ago but I never got around to looking into any details of it.

http://www.geos.ed.ac.uk/homes/s0094539/Dad.html

I remember watching him. Signed from Grimsby in 74/75 season, a slightly built fairly quick winger. That season he made 13 appearances (+2 as sub) and scored 1 goal (Oldham(H)). The following season (our promotion year) he played 14(1) and again scored 1 goal (Sunderland H). Does not figure after that so I imagine AD thought he wasn't good enough for the top division.

Made more appearances than Joe Durrell.

Funnily enough, I ended up thinking about the two of them too. I liked both of them but neither quite made it for us. I think Joe had the disappointment of never scoring a first team goal but had one disallowed in a Boxing Day fixture (2-2 draw with Plymouth if memory serves).

Do you any of you remember this player? If so could you tell me what he was like. How many games did he play for us and did he score many goals etc etc. He is just one of those players that I cannot remember playing on the field at the time. Only asking because I found this article a couple of years ago but I never got around to looking into any details of it.

http://www.geos.ed.ac.uk/homes/s0094539/Dad.html

The description of Bryan Drysdale says he was a central defender!

Funnily enough, I ended up thinking about the two of them too. I liked both of them but neither quite made it for us. I think Joe had the disappointment of never scoring a first team goal but had one disallowed in a Boxing Day fixture (2-2 draw with Plymouth if memory serves).

Didn't he also pull a hamstring when he was warming up to come on as a sub?

Archived