IGNORED

Bristol Post Website

Big Red Rich

Anyone find it an absolute disgrace?! It seems their modern day business model is to write sensational & factually incorrect stories to drive readers to their website to then hit them with a barrage of ads & pop-ups. Clearly they are desperate for the ad revenue due to falling sales of their horrible rag. Wish they would just pack up and take their awful publication with them...

Appalling website. I work in marketing and we deliberately avoid putting our clients ad's on sites like that as it's not effective, it's the complete opposite. There is too much going on and it leads to negative brand image. Unfortunately I can't see the Bristol Evening Post being around in 10 years as whoever is running it has no clues about the future of media. 

Local World - the Post's owners - are a small firm trying to compete in a big world with an online model that is not quite right yet. Look at any of the group's papers and you'll see the same mess. They are trying to do things on the cheap.

I could write more, but it's not commercially wise for me to do so.

I'm glad this post has appeared here... I also found The Posts site increasingly annoying as more and more ads popped up and virtually impossible when, for want of a better description, 'auto start' video ads popped up making reading whatever article so bloody hard.... For me its gone a stage further however and got a feeling it might be something to do with my tablet rather than the site itself - can anyone explain why when clicking onto a post article it appears normally but a couple of seconds later the screen shrinks horizontally into an impossible to read narrow centre of screen vertical strip ?

Is this, as I suspect, something to to with my tablet or is it due to this now appalling 'news' site.?

Anybody know, or experiencing similar?

Appalling website. I work in marketing and we deliberately avoid putting our clients ad's on sites like that as it's not effective, it's the complete opposite. There is too much going on and it leads to negative brand image. Unfortunately I can't see the Bristol Evening Post being around in 10 years as whoever is running it has no clues about the future of media. 

Or football, given that they're all Gasheads. Hint - look at which football stories they highlight.

It's beyond annoying, I cancelled the paper years ago and now only look online if I really need to. On my iPad the adverts pop up and the page constantly shrinks and jumps about, it's very unstable.

I get exactly the same, you get halfway through reading an article only for it to constantly jump up and down, shrink, enlarge, pop up an advert you never asked for, then take you to another site or open a video anything but read the dam article.

It's got to be the most infuriating website to read I have ever come across.

I get exactly the same, you get halfway through reading an article only for it to constantly jump up and down, shrink, enlarge, pop up an advert you never asked for, then take you to another site or open a video anything but read the dam article.

It's got to be the most infuriating website to read I have ever come across.

Same on my device as well. As I hinted earlier in this thread, I'm sure the post don't like people reading their stories for free and make their site almost impossible to navigate to discourage us. If that is the case why have a website at all?

I'm assume that their site doesn't generate any income other than the advertising.

Worst website I've ever had the misfortune of going on. :igiveup:

Like others have said, impossible to read anything without all those ******* pop ups and videos playing and the screen jumping up and down. :grr:

My CPU goes high, My RAM goes high and my FAN has a complete head fit. :gaah:

The rules of using the evil post website.

1.  Don't.

2.  Really don't, even if you get past the ads the content is shite.

3.  Assuming you really wish to subject yourself to this crap, use browser extensions like adblock, ghostery, noscript and make sure you have cookies and javascript turned off.

4.  Never, ever look at their site on a mobile device unless you want to risk hurling your shiny smartphone into a wall in frustration.

Archived