IGNORED

Lansdown Q&a Today

Lita For Congo

In many ways, it hardly matters what Steve Lansdown says at these informal meetings with fans.

It does however speak volumes about him that he is prepared to meet up with supporters a couple or three times a year and have this type of contact. I doubt if there are many other Clubs where the major shareholder has such face to face discussions with fans.

Don't think Oysten at Blackpool will be risking face to face meetings with fans anytime soon!

In many ways, it hardly matters what Steve Lansdown says at these informal meetings with fans.

It does however speak volumes about him that he is prepared to meet up with supporters a couple or three times a year and have this type of contact. I doubt if there are many other Clubs where the major shareholder has such face to face discussions with fans.

On the contrary, I think it matters a great deal what he says - these are Qs the fans have in their heads and are allowed to ask. He answers them all, doesn't shirk them and it is interesting to hear his views. You wouldn't get these views from Qs by Adam Baker's Dolphin or anyone close to the club as these Qs are invariably of the 'How pleased are you we're top/the stadium is being built?' variety. Not their fault, as any close to the bone Qs and they could be out ("You're fired!") so these Q&As are isolated chances for us to quiz the man himself.

And I thought the 2-2 v Orient last season was a great result!

Was this Q&A meeting recorded by video? I was only wondering because I saw on youtube a recorded meeting of Grimsby's fans forum. I found it quite interesting to watch. I just wondered if anything like this could be set up in the future?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xchuUQOoUEU[/youtube]

You can really read into the reactions of them when responding to questions e.g. who is comfortable/nervous etc.

Archived