IGNORED

Unreserved Area - Singing Section - South Stand

WTMS

Parking situation is the same for everyone though. There is still plenty of free parking around, you just need to be flexible about where you leave your car and how far you walk from your car to the ground.

If you want closer, you get there earlier.

I'm currently leaving at just after 12 o'clock for a 3 o'clock kick off. That's ridiculous for just 12,000 crowds, the simple answer was to allow parking as it was before they started double yellowing everywhere and introducing parking charges.

I see you have fallen for the council trap of blaming the result and not the cause.

I'm currently leaving at just after 12 o'clock for a 3 o'clock kick off. That's ridiculous for just 12,000 crowds, the simple answer was to allow parking as it was before they started double yellowing everywhere and introducing parking charges.

I see you have fallen for the council trap of blaming the result and not the cause.

How far away are you coming in from, and what time to you get to the BS3 area?

The more I think about it, the more I am convinced the whole of the South Stand should be unreserved once the rebuild is complete. We don't need 'singing areas' or other artificial, family friendly, flag waving, ways of creating an atmosphere. We need a whole end where like minded people can naturally group together and 'do their thing'.

The stand is plenty big enough to allow the people that prefer to sit in silence do that if they so wish, but I guess the people more interested in their view of the game than vocal support are more likely to go to the Grandstand or Dolman anyway. Being an end, rather than the side of the pitch, the price could be lower as well, as it traditionally is at the ends of the ground.

The only problem I see is that until the ground is finished, the people that want their area to sing and wave flags might just have to wait as the reduced capacity of the ground won't really allow for unreserved seating.

I'm supportive of people wanting unreserved seating, I just don't think they should also pay less for the privilege.

Feel free to continue with the insults though.....

Its ok. But there are chaps on these forums who get angry at those who suggest anything, let alone who dare to do it. And there is a problem. Your idea of having the entire South stand in time might end up affecting them. And some really know how to hold a grudge.

Its ok. But there are chaps on these forums who get angry at those who suggest anything, let alone who dare to do it. And there is a problem. Your idea of having the entire South stand in time might end up affecting them. And some really know how to hold a grudge.

I'm afraid I have no idea what you are saying there. It sounds like you are suggesting people might have a problem with me for suggesting the South Stand should be unreserved but I'm really not sure....

It sounds like you are suggesting people might have a problem with me for suggesting the South Stand should be unreserved ....

And they would.

Making an entire stand unreserved would put some testicles on it.

Last year the bright ones were saying start with the design and aim for high and different.

But that is not what the nay sayers want ... They like mediocre and mundane ... And mediocre and mundane requires doing nothing.

As much as I'm prone to not saying anything positive about Crystal Palace and as much as I'm challanging anything anyone wants to say, my Croydon living brother gave due recomendation that Palace said "**** it! Let's sort it out".

I don't doubt Bristol City can break the general trend and put a valid vocal home support together.

• SC&T Board Members

As much as I'm prone to not saying anything positive about Crystal Palace and as much as I'm challanging anything anyone wants to say, my Croydon living brother gave due recomendation that Palace said "fuck it! Let's sort it out".

I don't doubt Bristol City can break the general trend and put a valid vocal home support together.

Adding to that, it was pointed out to me the other day that Steve Parish at Palace recently said in a podcast that the club is looking into whether they can formally advertise the lower section of their stand behind the goal as an official standing area. He rightly says that he realises the club is legally required to provide "seated accommodation", but considers the current grey area as to whether fans actually have to sit down or not as daft. Palace, of course, currently unofficially allow their Holmesdale Fanatics to stand and he is looking at regularising that situation, so that the permission is no longer just 'unofficial', but is 'official', with the result that it will be advertised as a standing area and everyone will then be 100% clear that it is expected that spectators in that area of the ground will stand. Fans who prefer to sit can thus be sure of being among like-minded fans by buying a seat elsewhere in the stadium.

IMHO, he will find that he CAN make this formal change. All he has to do to regularise the situation is to make a slight amendment to his ground regulations, which he is at liberty to do. It will be great if clubs start to lead the way by doing this and creating de facto standing areas even before the politicians get around to doing it!

If you want to hear what Parish said, it's at about 1 hour 8 minutes into this podcast: https://m.soundcloud.com/fypfanzine/fyp-podcast-123

Maybe City could beat Palace to it!

Adding to that, it was pointed out to me the other day that Steve Parish at Palace recently said in a podcast that the club is looking into whether they can formally advertise the lower section of their stand behind the goal as an official standing area. He rightly says that he realises the club is legally required to provide "seated accommodation", but considers the current grey area as to whether fans actually have to sit down or not as daft. Palace, of course, currently unofficially allow their Holmesdale Fanatics to stand and he is looking at regularising that situation, so that the permission is no longer just 'unofficial', but is 'official', with the result that it will be advertised as a standing area and everyone will then be 100% clear that it is expected that spectators in that area of the ground will stand. Fans who prefer to sit can thus be sure of being among like-minded fans by buying a seat elsewhere in the stadium.

IMHO, he will find that he CAN make this formal change. All he has to do to regularise the situation is to make a slight amendment to his ground regulations, which he is at liberty to do. It will be great if clubs start to lead the way by doing this and creating de facto standing areas even before the politicians get around to doing it!

If you want to hear what Parish said, it's at about 1 hour 8 minutes into this podcast: https://m.soundcloud.com/fypfanzine/fyp-podcast-123

Maybe City could beat Palace to it!

Good for them - shows what can happen with 2 way cooperation.

I think the way forward could be the Atyeo. If they gutted the stand, got a new roof of the same height and made it all 1 tier - kop style - this could be the focal point for atmosphere. It's not part of the bowl, wouldn't need capacity adjusted but could look so much better. Put a huge bar in there and move away fans to dolman A and B.

Would need work but think it's best solution.

• Admin

Good for them - shows what can happen with 2 way cooperation.

I think the way forward could be the Atyeo. If they gutted the stand, got a new roof of the same height and made it all 1 tier - kop style - this could be the focal point for atmosphere. It's not part of the bowl, wouldn't need capacity adjusted but could look so much better. Put a huge bar in there and move away fans to dolman A and B.

Would need work but think it's best solution.

Do we really need to make changes to yet another stand just to create this?

The three other stands are currently about to be changed, surely something 'should' be sorted within there?

Splitting the Dolman will be impossible once the bowl under the three new stands has been completed, and not sure why we would want to move away fans from the Atyeo anyway?

Interesting listening about the Palace supporters against Southampton over Christmas they were said to be completely silent after going a goal down and only came to live when Bolasie was substituted and that was to vent their anger at the change more than supporting their side 

Do we really need to make changes to yet another stand just to create this?

The three other stands are currently about to be changed, surely something 'should' be sorted within there?

Splitting the Dolman will be impossible once the bowl under the three new stands has been completed, and not sure why we would want to move away fans from the Atyeo anyway?

Interesting listening about the Palace supporters against Southampton over Christmas they were said to be completely silent after going a goal down and only came to live when Bolasie was substituted and that was to vent their anger at the change more than supporting their side

I just like the idea of having home fans behind both goals. It's obviously all in an ideal world, not taking into account complexities and logistics. Feel the Atyeo hasn't been used to its potential and looks a bit ugly with all the red dividers.

As much as I'm prone to not saying anything positive about Crystal Palace and as much as I'm challanging anything anyone wants to say, my Croydon living brother gave due recomendation that Palace said "**** it! Let's sort it out".

Which coincided with a take over of the club four years ago, and fan involvement in the FC being increasingly welcomed and nurtured.

Bristol Sport operate in a totally different manner.

Archived