IGNORED

Official Yeovil Match Thread

bs3

Tbf barring Peterborough and Vale, we haven't been entirely convincing in any way shape or form for quite a while..

The three teams around us have been more ruthless hence why they have cut the lead from 9 to 1 point.

Agree we've been unconvincing but if our rivals were so superior to us then we wouldn't have had the 9 point gap in the first place. They have dropped points just like we have at one time or another.

I wasn't there, just listening to commentary but if any team dominated it sounded like Yeovil in the second half, we were on the ropes it seemed to me.

56% possession and 16 shots at goal by them indicates that we didn't dominate at all.

But maybe someone who was there can correct that...

Their shots were mainly from range and it was a worldy that got them their goal. We were quite comfortable for much of the match but obviously not much cop once we were reduced to the league's slowest strike force.

Their shots were mainly from range and it was a worldy that got them their goal. We were quite comfortable for much of the match but obviously not much cop once we were reduced to the league's slowest strike force.

That's how I saw it too

Fair comment C169, any names in your sights then? We definitely need at least one newbie up top.

to be honest I don't really keep tabs on other players, in the summer and last January I thought scott hogan would have been good from Rochdale I think it was, no idea how he has been doing or even if he is still there.

Obviously wells would be a fantastic signing but unrealistic

We clearly are not the 'form' team at the moment.

Equally today, two of what many consider our 'spine' out. Not enough to name a full bench, and a local derby. At the end of it, the main moan was that it should have been more comfortable. They found a way. Four wins from seven is not blowing the league away, but it is certainly hanging in there. Right now, we do need to dig in and squeeze out results.

Still worry about being in two cups, but we have as much chance as any of promotion. That is a great place to be.

It's beginning to look a lot like any two out of four for automatic promotion with the 5th team 11 points behind the 4th. The lack of bite in the attack causes me to worry how well we would do in the play-offs especially since we couldn't demolish Crewe and were holding on at the end against Yeovil. We need to open up a decent gap in the new year to avoid embarrassment.

Based on today's game, we need to be more ruthless infront of goal. Created enough good chances to score 4 or 5. That striker that can score 10-15 goals between now and May will be vital, and no doubt whatever team wins this league is the one who invests in this type of player.

We missed a penalty and had a ruddy great camel who missed two open goals.

That's 5 we should have scored without exaggeration.

Archived