IGNORED

Undersoil Heating

bs3

That certainly seems to be the more common cause for games being postponed.

I suppose what under soil heating does offer is it means the ground staff don't have to faff around with huge covers on the pitch on the days leading up to games. This gives them the time and energy to do other parts of their job. Furthermore, it can't be good for the pitch having covers on so the undersoil heating will help that too.

Having said that, if the weather is particularly snowy/ icey then the game will be called off anyway because of the surrounding areas being unsafe for fans.

Spoke to a mate who lives just over the M1 from Barnsley. He said it rained overnight, washing a lot of the snow away but it then froze making even walking down the pavement hazardous. It happened down here over the new year when we were due to play the horse punchers, a good few years ago. IIRC, the Gate was fit for play but the stands were dangerous.

As for under floor heating from B and Q, I've got it in my bathroom and it's proper toasty in the morning, very nice indeed! :thumbsup:

Spoke to a mate who lives just over the M1 from Barnsley. He said it rained overnight, washing a lot of the snow away but it then froze making even walking down the pavement hazardous. It happened down here over the new year when we were due to play the horse punchers, a good few years ago. IIRC, the Gate was fit for play but the stands were dangerous.

As for under floor heating from B and Q, I've got it in my bathroom and it's proper toasty in the morning, very nice indeed! :thumbsup:

Dec 1995 when the match was postpone against the gas but it was due to a phenoman called freezing rain. It became known (among my mates) as slippery Saturday. The phenoman was shown on a documentry presented by Richard Hammond just before Christmas. It was impossible just to walk down my garden path , as soon as the rain hit the floor it frooze creating sheets of ice.

Archived