IGNORED

Doyle Heading For Championship?

ChippenhamRed

Possibility of us passing them as they come down..

They're struggling big time, we aren't.

If it was a straight choice between us and them, it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up here.

He'd be utterly crazy if he chose Millwall right now; there are even teams down around the relegation zone with them who'd be better options, like Brighton and Wigan.

If he chose to move to 'Wall we'd be lucky to have missed out, as he'd not have displayed good judgement.

And if we had a shot at getting Afobe, I'd hope we'd take it; guy is clearly a massive talent.

Sheffield Wednesday are the club interested, apparently.

Makes a lot of sense, he wouldn't have to move and Wednesday are a seriously big club, as opposed to Millwall, who are a poorly supported lower division rabble managed by a buffoon.

Whether it is Doyle or not, a lot of people on here were talking like his move to us was a done deal (on what grounds I'm not sure). This pretty much proves it isn't.

Yeah; my thoughts exactly.  A lot of ITK-type posts with exactly zero to back them up.

For me; I'd be happy bringing in some short-term proven talent, or someone with potential, like Tom Nichols at Exeter, if they are here for the long term.

We'll have to wait and see, but I do wonder how much we'd be discussing this if A) Agard's goals hadn't dried up, or B) both he and Wlbraham were fit.

We need depth there, but in JET and Smith we currently have two understudies who've got four goals in two matches; we're doing okay.

Not sure I would want Doyle. Had one purple patch scoring goals and hasn't netted for a while. 27 also doesn't scream earning potential to me. We want a striker who has consistency and around 22-24 years old that could also add to his value.

Sheffield Wednesday are welcome to Doyle as I don't think he would cut it in the championship

Tom Bradshaw is a player I like not sure on availability good age great talent. I would imagine he would be interested in joining us not sure what Walsall would what in terms of a fee

bradshaw is contracted until 2016 and only signed for Walsall in the summer, with 14 goals in 20 appearences I think they will ask for a reasonable amount, however he does suffer from niggling injuries, they have caused him to miss over a month of this season. I'd take him over Doyle though

Sheffield Wednesday are the club interested, apparently.

Makes a lot of sense, he wouldn't have to move and Wednesday are a seriously big club, as opposed to Millwall, who are a poorly supported lower division rabble managed by a buffoon.

That's a complete insult to buffoons.

Cotts said he is a young player, do we count 26 as young.

I count 26 as new born

Couldn't disagree more, we could end with 2 or 3 players we don't need on biggish money that we can't get rid of, the loan market is a far safer option and if we get promoted and the players have contributed, try to sign them permanently or if they have not, send them home.

of course if the right 2/3 players are available at the right price then I agree why not sign them, but if the players that SC actually wants are not available, no need to be panicked into buying a lesser option.

We did go up automatically in 98 and 07 or did I dream that ?

We need a striker who is currently scoring goals, I'm not sure if we need anything else other than the loanees we already have - maybe a goalkeeper, but we can get one on emergency loan if needs be.

Great cover around the pitch other than a pacy forward.

Yes we did go up in those seasons but we limped over the line into 2nd instead of winning the title and in 08 dropped out of the automatics into the play-offs because we didn't strengthen.

If the right players are out there then we should bring them in like we did in the summer, would we have got an Ayling, Smith, Agard, Freeman or Little on loan? Let's continue the good recruitment in January and try and win the league for once.

Yes we did go up in those seasons but we limped over the line into 2nd instead of winning the title and in 08 dropped out of the automatics into the play-offs because we didn't strengthen.

If the right players are out there then we should bring them in like we did in the summer, would we have got an Ayling, Smith, Agard, Freeman or Little on loan? Let's continue the good recruitment in January and try and win the league for once.

indeed but if they are not or our first choices end up elsewhere for whatever reason, don't get panicked into unnecessary permanent signings, we've been there and done that.

i'm totally with you re-winning the title, although born the last time we won a championship, I was only 2 years old and a championship is long overdue IMO.

What does everyone think of Reuben Reid from Plymouth strong and powerful 11 goals this term. Lge 2 but would fit our system

He's 26 and prior to last season his scoring record in lower leagues is nothing spectacular. He scored 17 last season, so could be a late developer, but I don't think he's worth the risk.

I hope all of this is SC mind games. We clearly need one more striker! Not so sure for the rest of the squad but we definitely need someone who can show more likelihood of finishing off the chances we are creating. Hopefully this is the old way of saying we may not sign anyone yet sign someone nobody thought we were capable of getting ( Freeman for example ).

Archived