IGNORED

Everton In For Joe.

Ashtonboy

Sexton was chairman at the time and stood down shortly after Micky left

Putting 2 and 2 together would suggest he was the one who got it wrong

Maybe. Personally thought that missing out on a fee for Liam Rosenior through not being able to put a letter in the post was also a low point.

Who could we actually replace him with should he be sold? I know we have cunningham but I wouldn't mind seeing Ben reeves in that position for us, or should we go up, jack grealish on loan in the championship. 2 very good left footed players although most may say those two players are unrealistic, they are the type we should be going for

I think we should consider moving Joe on for a cash plus Baines deal.

Baines is unproven at this level so should be given a pay as you play deal.

We should insist on an 80% sell on clause but demand a huge up front fee.

Joe should be loaned back to us at nil cost until 2017.

If Everton start to haggle we offer them a lucrative pre season friendly.

That should do it or have I missed something?

I think we should consider moving Joe on for a cash plus Baines deal.

Baines is unproven at this level so should be given a pay as you play deal.

We should insist on an 80% sell on clause but demand a huge up front fee.

Joe should be loaned back to us at nil cost until 2017.

If Everton start to haggle we offer them a lucrative pre season friendly.

That should do it or have I missed something?

Ross Barkley as a make weight.

I'm definitely in the minority here and that's fine but I've never thought he was that good.

Rarely beats his man and usually wins us a corner at best .

Some crosses when they go over are great and have brought goals but the ratio of beating the man compared to someone like Little is much worse.

So if someone wants to bid i say take it and we play Cunningham.

I'm definitely in the minority here and that's fine but I've never thought he was that good.

Some crosses when they go over are great and have brought goals but the ratio of beating the man compared to someone like Little is much worse.

He's far better than Cunningham though and would be an asset to City going in the Championship whereas Cunningham would probably need to be replaced.

Joe's rate of improvement this season has been nothing short of staggering, and at just 21 his potential for further improvement is almost limitless.

He looks every inch a future PL player and that needs to be reflected in the fee should we sell.

3m. or no deal.

when you are two footed you can go either side of the full back which makes him very difficult to defend against. he can also wrap his foot around a ball which means he doesn't need to beat a man (like the Wilbraham goal against Peterborough.). he is also the starting point for a lot of moves aa fielding looks to him every time

he has all he needs physically to be a top player and is a smart lad too.

when you are two footed you can go either side of the full back which makes him very difficult to defend against. he can also wrap his foot around a ball which means he doesn't need to beat a man (like the Wilbraham goal against Peterborough.). he is also the starting point for a lot of moves aa fielding looks to him every time

he has all he needs physically to be a top player and is a smart lad too.

Yep, Joe is a much better player than Greg, for whom, interestingly, Everton aren't supposedly 'in for'.

Yep, Joe is a much better player than Greg, for whom, interestingly, Everton aren't supposedly 'in for'.

Also, regardless of quality, Bryan has age on his side; he's much improved on his initial performances for us just a couple of years ago, so if he keeps getting better, he could become seriously good.

But do want to put in a word for Cunningham here; might not be quite a exciting a prospect as Bryan, but is still only 23 and has been a starter/regular sub for us during what has been an impressive season, so don't think he's done much wrong.

Your on a wind up aren't you!

You are right.

You are definitely in the minority.

My one criticism of Bryan is that he tends to disappear in second halves.  To add insult to injury he also lets players run past him unattended deep into second halves.  He's bright though so hopefully some of the more experienced players can teach him about pacing himself.

I get where your coming from. I like Joe but he does tend to fizzle out of games but I did not anticipate the rate in which he has improved. I wouldn't say there is premier league potential in there on the evidence I have seen so far but that's not to say he can't get there. I just think he still has an awful lot to improve on. Having said that I think his best position is actually LWB and he is absolutely vital to our system and a much better option than Cunningham. He is very effective at this level so by that logic I think it would be hard to replace him. I will be very intrigued to see how he develops.

You are right.

You are definitely in the minority.

My one criticism of Bryan is that he tends to disappear in second halves.  To add insult to injury he also lets players run past him unattended deep into second halves.  He's bright though so hopefully some of the more experienced players can teach him about pacing himself.

Bang on the money! He occasionally goes missing in the second period- late on.

IMO- his career is best served by continuing at BCFC where as Noggers said his progress has been "staggering" but he's not the finished article. I can't see how a move to a reserve team will benefit anyone. Even as recently as the beginning of the season he didn't look totally comfortable but now is crucial to our promotion hopes. Gregg is good cover but I'd play Joe every time before Gregg.

Anyway- it's all speculation but the fact it 'could' be true is a great comment on one of our young home grown talents.

If we do lose joe I think a brilliant replacement would be Nathan Byrne from Swindon. He's a very attack minded full back who can play on either side and he has about 9 assists already this season plus a few goals. He'd give us great options at wing back.

Seeing as his son is called Camden he'd probably be better off with a Cockney accent

Good old Dicky, if he has another kid I wonder if he will call it Splott?.

Still could be worse I suppose and in the words of Ron Burgundy 'stay classy'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2894140/Fans-mock-Andy-Carroll-pregnant-fianc-e-Billi-Mucklow-s-new-pink-palace.html

Joe's a good league one player who has had a good to very good half season in LEAGUE ONE but is a country mile off being good enough for Everton and the chances of them signing him are minimal.  Maybe one day when he's played well in the Championship for a season or three a club like Everton might be interested but right now the chances of that are extremely slim.  This sort of speculation is quite ridiculous.

Joe's a good league one player who has had a good to very good half season in LEAGUE ONE but is a country mile off being good enough for Everton and the chances of them signing him are minimal.  Maybe one day when he's played well in the Championship for a season or three a club like Everton might be interested but right now the chances of that are extremely slim.  This sort of speculation is quite ridiculous.

Just like when Oxlaide-Chamberlain had one good season in League one, Signed for Arsenal and went on to start for England in the European Championship the following summer?

Anything can happen in football, but I would agree with you that this seems extremely unlikely to me too.

Archived