IGNORED

Everton In For Joe.

Ashtonboy

No, if the price is right we should sell, we have a good replacement, and the money can be reinvested, also, you couldnt refuse to allow a lower league player that opportunity. There is the caveat though that this is tabloid bs, and is 1 of 50 transfer predictions made this week to fill up space in their crap paper.

As disappointed as I'd be in selling him, isn't that part of the point of the academy... To develop players and eventually move them for a profit...

With the quality of Cunningham, I think the multiple millions (we should accept no less, IMO) would be of more use (marginally) than the production he provides in the team.

Like the lad, and he's been a big part of our good form, but we have a full international behind him in the pecking order, and at our level, several million could go a long way to strengthening the team, either now or in the summer.

And as good as it might be to have him back on loan, am I the only one thinking we'd be better off replacing him and learning to live without him? Don't want to become reliant on a player you know you'll not have long term.

Like the lad, and he's been a big part of our good form, but we have a full international behind him in the pecking order, and at our level, several million could go a long way to strengthening the team, either now or in the summer.

And as good as it might be to have him back on loan, am I the only one thinking we'd be better off replacing him and learning to live without him? Don't want to become reliant on a player you know you'll not have long term.

see where your coming from, but he is a big part of our team, so end of season would do.

Getting him back on loan would allow us to scout for the 2nd half of the season and give us the summer window to buy rather than having to do it in January

Don't get me wrong; hope we don't lose him at all, and hope he's well advised, and realises that completing the season here and actually achieving something may very well improve his options and career more than jumping two divisions at the first opportunity.

And he's a great player that we'd miss, for sure, so understand if the option to get him back came up, we might take it. Just confident Cunningham could do a job in Bryan's place.

Am I the only one who doesn't understand why everton want him? Unless they see him as a left winger I can't see them signing him. Baines will be number one for a few more years, they have Oviedo, and Garbutt, who is the same age as Bryan has just made an appearance for the first team.

Rumour is Baines is going to Man U at the end of the season dispite only recently signing a 4 year contract

IF this is true then SC will already know all about it and you can bet that our management team/SL will be making provisions.

It would be very satisfying for SL to see an Academy player come through the ranks and be sold for big money so soon after joining the first team. Unlike so many of our rivals- we don't need the money so it would go straight back into the transfer budget.

Luke Freeman isn't the only truly quality player in L1& 2 who we can get.

Are Baines and Joe Bryan seriously being mentioned in the same conversation?!

Don't get me wrong I like the lad and he will have a decent future but think some are getting ahead of themselves!

They were mentioned in the same convo because Bryan has been linked with Everton and Baines is there current Lb. Don't think anyone said Bryan was the near the same level as Baines... My post was more about the fact they have 21 yo Lb who has just made a first team appearance.

I think Cunningham is decent but he's not in the same class as Joe, to me he's a massive part of our team and I dont want him to leave.

I do accept that if a big club comes a calling than a player would want to discuss it.

I'd like to see him stay take us up and just see where we go next year as once a teams on a roll things can happen as we know, especially with a multi billion pound owner ....

Archived