IGNORED

Bookies

WiltshireRed

The turn was excellent for a big lad! I really would like to see him and behrahino get a game for England together. I think they could be prolific in years to come, would compliment eachother well IMO

More to the point is the Under 21 tournament this summer.  Those 2 plus Ings must give us a shout of winning it.  

Yep but that's the nature of the industry. They fund it.

Don't really see why it's any different to someone doing the lottery, I do a couple of bets on a Saturday (or in this case New Year's Day) no more than a tenner staked, no loss if I don't win anything but if I do then that's an away day, a night out, money towards bills, whatever you choose to spend it on and it's much more of a significant difference that losing a tenner, I expect I'm not the only one who has this mentality on this thread either.

Don't really see why it's any different to someone doing the lottery, I do a couple of bets on a Saturday (or in this case New Year's Day) no more than a tenner staked, no loss if I don't win anything but if I do then that's an away day, a night out, money towards bills, whatever you choose to spend it on and it's much more of a significant difference that losing a tenner, I expect I'm not the only one who has this mentality on this thread either.

No you are right, it is the same. A bit of fun. Not criticising.

But within the industry they are referred to as mugs.

I think kane minimum will be in the full squad by then..

What for the vital game against Slovenia?

I'd hope they cap him in a friendly and then tell him to go to the under 21 tournament to play against the best European opposition of his age.  Like those Spaniards and Germans did with their world cup winning sides when they were 20 years old. We are s***e at tournament football - the more experience we have of it the better.

What for the vital game against Slovenia?

The Slovenia game is likely to be more important than many people realise, as it is likely have a significant effect on how easy it will be to qualify for the 2018 world cup.

The draw for the 2018 qualifiers is in July this year and Slovenia away is the final opportunity to boost our ranking. At present we're 13th in the world rankings but (crucially) only the 9th highest ranked European team, meaning at present we would most likely end up in pot 2. Win in Slovenia and we could very well end up being seeded in pot 1, and therefore having a significantly easier route to 2018 qualification. (For the same reason I disagreed with Hodgson not selecting his strongest 11 against Costa Rica in Belo Horizonte).

No you are right, it is the same. A bit of fun. Not criticising.

But within the industry they are referred to as mugs.

It's just a way to keep the football interesting with teams you don't give a monkeys about, normally lose but you don't really miss a tenner but if a five fold comes in as already said it's an away game paid for or money put towards something else!!

On a seperate subject - I watched the Stoke v Man U game and pls can somebody tell me the following

How on earth is Luke Shaw worth 10m let alone 30? He can barley pass a ball.

How on earth on Jonny Evans a pro footballer let alone playing for Manchester United? Would rather have Flint.

what's all the fuss about this Janassi (sp)? another massively overated player IMO

Archived