IGNORED

Could We Do Without The Fa Cup This Season?

Kid in the Riot

I love the FA Cup but we look a good bet to get to Wembley in the JP Trophy which will be a nice pay day but another 3 games we wouldn't have otherwise played.

With our small squad and given how tight it is up the top of L1 I can't say I'd be too disappointed if we went out tomorrow. A draw would be the worst result mind.

I love the FA Cup but we look a good bet to get to Wembley in the JP Trophy which will be a nice pay day but another 3 games we wouldn't have otherwise played.

With our small squad and given how tight it is up the top of L1 I can't say I'd be too disappointed if we went out tomorrow. A draw would be the worst result mind.

Shockin! You want us to loose. Get yeh from this site!!!

No! The FA Cup is the only cup competition that actually matters. We could have done without the JPT this season. Call be a snob but it's a pointless cup competition for a club that aspires to be in the championship and beyond. Yes Wembley is a nice day out and all but it doesn't have the same spark (for me anyway) as a play-off final does. Get no kicks at all from winning that.

I went to the LDV final in Cardiff and loved it but I'm over that now and the JPT doesn't interest me one bit. I'd much rather we got knocked out of the JPT in the first round and got through a few rounds in the FA cup.

Reference the OP.

Do you mean winning the FA Cup?

If so, this would be an amazing achievement for a league 1 club.

Who was the last 'division 3' outfit to win the cup, anyone??

TFR

Apparently Spurs won it in 1901 and they weren't even a league side at the time.

FA cup. There's always other seasons to get promoted. The chance to win the FA Cup, a real reason to go to Wembley, the exposure, the income, some giant killings on the way, Europe. It doesn't happen every year.

I'm with you.

Reference the OP.

Do you mean winning the FA Cup?

If so, this would be an amazing achievement for a league 1 club.

Who was the last 'division 3' outfit to win the cup, anyone??

TFR

This is what happened to Swindon & the league cup :D

I want us to win every single game we play. Regardless of opposition, competition, time of year or anything else. I want us to win absolutely everything.

I want what's best in the long term interests of the club. This season, with a very real chance of promotion but a small squad, being in two cup competitions (one of which we can't realistically win) does not suit our long term interests at all.

I want what's best in the long term interests of the club. This season, with a very real chance of promotion but a small squad, being in two cup competitions (one of which we can't realistically win) does not suit our long term interests at all.

Exactly my thoughts on the JPT. It's no coincidence that our squad is beginning to look a little stretched. Could have done without all those mid-week fixtures that have got us to the area final. I hope the JPT, along with any potential FA cup run doesn't bite us in the arse when it comes to the league.

Are people seriously contemplating us winning the FA Cup...?!

Go for the win in every game we play, but I won't shed any tears if we lose tomorrow.

I'm going and hope we win, but see the other 2 prizes available as more realistic.

Go for the win in every game we play, but I won't shed any tears if we lose tomorrow.

I'm going and hope we win, but see the other 2 prizes available as more realistic.

I agree and as long as we don't pick up bad injuries or any suspensions, I say kay sarah sarah.

Don't think anyone has suggested we could win it. One poster asked the question as to what you'd prefer, promotion or winning the FA cup, which sparked some discussion.

Archived