IGNORED

Could We Do Without The Fa Cup This Season?

Kid in the Riot

Was thinking that myself Kid , perhaps we can do the FA cup run next year when we should be back in championship

With all the whooooooshing going on at the moment, I'm not sure how I'm supposed to interpret this but we are not in a position of choice as to when we 'do the FA Cup run', especially given our record in it.

I hope we win tomorrow and draw a top club at home and beat them.

Exactly my thoughts on the JPT. It's no coincidence that our squad is beginning to look a little stretched. Could have done without all those mid-week fixtures that have got us to the area final. I hope the JPT, along with any potential FA cup run doesn't bite us in the arse when it comes to the league.

Now we have ached the are final, winning or losing only means one game's difference, and that at Wembley....sonwe might as well go for the win there

I love the FA Cup but we look a good bet to get to Wembley in the JP Trophy which will be a nice pay day but another 3 games we wouldn't have otherwise played.

With our small squad and given how tight it is up the top of L1 I can't say I'd be too disappointed if we went out tomorrow. A draw would be the worst result mind.

Come on, Kid, tell us exactly what it is about the FA Cup you ''love'' (not allowed to use the words 'magic', 'giant killing' or 'razz').

The BH says otherwise! http://thenatchwall.wordpress.com/

Don't think anyone has suggested we could win it. One poster asked the question as to what you'd prefer, promotion or winning the FA cup, which sparked some discussion.

Go for the win in every game we play, but I won't shed any tears if we lose tomorrow.

I actually will shed tears tomorrow if we winhttp://thenatchwall.wordpress.com/#couldn'tcarelessdoamanutdandpulloutthecomp!

I actually will shed tears tomorrow if we winhttp://thenatchwall.wordpress.com/#couldn'tcarelessdoamanutdandpulloutthecomp!

Have tried to download the file but will look at it when on a less shit device. Appreciate the articles you write on there, usually both perceptive and funny.

Why I like the Cup? Should we win tomorrow and say, draw and beat Tottenham at AG - glorious memories will be formed.

I want promotion as much as any City fan but there are no glories or memories in sitting in the middle of the Championship for years.

I pick Tottenham as an example as they are a club who proclaim that glory is about winning, stick their noses up at the prospect of winning the Europa League so that they can focus on coming fourth in the league, which they generally don't do.

Will you still be crying if we beat Tottenham at AG or will it become a massive feature in our collective memory as City supporters?

It strikes me as sad that the FA Cup's glory has been compromised for the false promise of league success.

This is a discussion without merit as we are in the Fucup and whilst we are in it we should be busting a gut to win it.

As has ,rightly ,been pointed out ,next year we will be either trying to consolidate in the Championship or mounting another League 1 promotion campaign,we might just as well not enter in the first place !

:dunno:

I love the FA Cup but we look a good bet to get to Wembley in the JP Trophy which will be a nice pay day but another 3 games we wouldn't have otherwise played.

With our small squad and given how tight it is up the top of L1 I can't say I'd be too disappointed if we went out tomorrow. A draw would be the worst result mind.

I have to be honest I would much rather get knocked out of the JPT by the gills and win tomorrow. Don't get me wrong I would love a day out at Wembley but the FA cup should be important to every club that enters. I know we always get a crap draw but a good FA cup run won't do us any harm.

At the end of the day a competition as prestigious as the FA cup should never be over looked in favour of the JPT. Especially as we are a club with championship aspirations.

I have to be honest I would much rather get knocked out of the JPT by the gills and win tomorrow. Don't get me wrong I would love a day out at Wembley but the FA cup should be important to every club that enters. I know we always get a crap draw but a good FA cup run won't do us any harm.

At the end of the day a competition as prestigious as the FA cup should never be over looked in favour of the JPT. Especially as we are a club with championship aspirations.

At last! Someone else who sees sense! Promotion is top priority, FA cup run would be nice. Couldn't give a crap about JPT!

At last! Someone else who sees sense! Promotion is top priority, FA cup run would be nice. Couldn't give a crap about JPT!

Surely just common sense to want to do as well as we can in one of the world's biggest cup competitions. If we get to Wembley in JPT of course I will be there but we've been there and done it. The FA cup should be of huge significance to a club like ours. Granted we always get a crap draw but a good run in the FA cup wouldn't do us any harm at all. In the grand scheme of things we probably won't get past the 5th round anyway so a few extra games wouldn't hurt us.

Sheff Utd made the semis last season. Bradford made the final of the league cup 2 years ago from League 2. I've never seen city play in Div 1, so occasional big cup days are the best I know. I was born 4 months after Tinnion scored at Anfield so **** it, I want to go to Anfield, Old Trafford or somewhere epic to watch city. 

One of either

a. lose and move on

b. win and get ManU away next round then lose but richer then move on.

Given this choice it looks like we have little option but to opt for (a) .....

because with our luck in major cup competitions the most likely outcome of (b) would be an away day sell-out at Huish f'ing Park.

COYR's Whatever Will Be Will Be :)

Winning does breed confidence. It also, like rabbits, breeds loads more games and potential injuries/knackeredness...

The FA Cup is sacrosanct, mind, and worth getting as far as we can: http://thenatchwall.wordpress.com/

Good debate! (No rude shouting at each other over differences of opinions... yet...)

Have tried to download the file but will look at it when on a less shit device. Appreciate the articles you write on there, usually both perceptive and funny.

Why I like the Cup? Should we win tomorrow and say, draw and beat Tottenham at AG - glorious memories will be formed.

I want promotion as much as any City fan but there are no glories or memories in sitting in the middle of the Championship for years.

I pick Tottenham as an example as they are a club who proclaim that glory is about winning, stick their noses up at the prospect of winning the Europa League so that they can focus on coming fourth in the league, which they generally don't do.

Will you still be crying if we beat Tottenham at AG or will it become a massive feature in our collective memory as City supporters?

It strikes me as sad that the FA Cup's glory has been compromised for the false promise of league success.

Good points, all.

I think I will be crying if we beat THFC, as that will mean, at the very least we are into R5 and will have games v Peterboro (h), Donny (a - again!), Sheff U (h) to reschedule: fixture pile-up ahoy! I still have 1989/90 and those bloody games against Cambridge in my head...

Ps cheers for the kind words. 

Archived