IGNORED

Matt Smith Yes Or No Today?

I guess it's a no. I would expect the players would have left for the game by now and we wouldn't take him if we hadn't had an answer..

They said on the local news last night that Smith had travelled to Donny with the squad but were still waiting to hear from Fulham.

SC probably knew the answer a while ago he's just kept it quite to keep donny guessing about how we'll line up.

He does the same with injuries as well.

Don't all managers do the same? They are a very precious bunch when it comes to their team selection.

Why would Fulham say no?

Why would they say yes?

He's their player and as a club that were in the Prem last year it is not inconceivable that could make the sixth round at least.

An injury or two to their strikers and they'll recall him.

We didn't let Reid, El-Abd or Burns play for their sides.

Without Agard or Wilbs then I would hope that Smith and Jet would both start. If we are to keep Smith then he needs game time to get fit and although Jet has been disappointing recently, we all know he could just as easily destroy the opposition if he's minded to.

As for why wouldn't Smith be allowed to play? Scoring 3 in 2 will not have gone unnoticed by Fulham. They payed good money for him and IF he continues to score for us in L1 and JPT during his loan and they remain unable to score regularly than I would expect they would want to see if he has regained the form and fitness that made them buy him in the first place.

As for him being " clearly not in his plans" - maybe true but when a club loans a player it is usually because the player needs game time like when Joe Bryan was loaned out. I'd be disappointed that Burns and Reid have gone out on loan because they don't have a future with BCFC- particularly Reid as I think he can progress like Joe has done and is definitely improving at Argyle.

As for him being " clearly not in his plans" - maybe true but when a club loans a player it is usually because the player needs game time like when Joe Bryan was loaned out. I'd be disappointed that Burns and Reid have gone out on loan because they don't have a future with BCFC- particularly Reid as I think he can progress like Joe has done and is definitely improving at Argyle.

Reid's loan at Plymouth expires today, wonder if it will be extended?

Seems to have done very well there, and I for one would like to see him back and competing for a place, at least until we see how out January business pans out.

If he looks to be on the fringes again come Feb, it isn't like he can't get out on loan again in Feb.

I didn't realise today was his final game.

If Todd is staying and SC feels he can utilise him in a more midfield role then Bobby's progress would be best served by staying in a side who are near the play-offs. Wade Elliot- for whatever reason- hasn't been quite so influential since his sending off but on balance due to his experience and the fact that he's captain and with Todd available - Reid to extend loan at Plymouth, Wade to regain his usual dependable form and Todd to start from bench. Maybe.

I think Bobby's going to have to make Joe Bryanesque gargantuan strides to have a future at City.

That may not be beyond him - Joe Bryan's progress has surprised alot of us this season, me included.

However Bobby does not have Joe's all round athleticism or versatility, has said he wanted to stay at Plymouth, seems at home there, and genuinely seems to play better for them than for City

With the possibilty of City being promoted to 2 leagues above where he is apparently impressing, this is a huge few months for him.

He has to show he could be an asset to us in the Championship because City would undoubtedly strengthen, potentially leaving him further down the pecking order.

I think as things stand it's odds on he'll end up signing for Plymouth permanently, but I'd be delighted if he improves sufficiently for me to be proved wrong.

I think Bobby's going to have to make Joe Bryanesque gargantuan strides to have a future at City.

That may not be beyond him - Joe Bryan's progress has surprised alot of us this season, me included.

However Bobby does not have Joe's all round athleticism or versatility, has said he wanted to stay at Plymouth, seems at home there, and genuinely seems to play better for them than for City

With the possibilty of City being promoted to 2 leagues above where he is apparently impressing, this is a huge few months for him.

He has to show he could be an asset to us in the Championship because City would undoubtedly strengthen, potentially leaving him further down the pecking order.

I think as things stand it's odds on he'll end up signing for Plymouth permanently, but I'd be delighted if he improves sufficiently for me to be proved wrong.

With that comes the fact that JB is playing wingback...a position that allows a flexibility of the person fulfilling the role....playing CM is a lot more challenging, u need power and strength especially in a 2....something reid doesn't have.

Don't see Bobby Reid having a long term future....especially if we go up and strengthen.

Well - if this has to be the case , I would hope that a club with some dosh- probably in L1 buys him - not because BCFC needs the money as such but because  it will be an Academy success story and as the Academy has few of these, it will help justify the amount of resource put into it. I still believe that long term this is where at least part of our 11 should be coming from and under FFP makes BCFC more sustainable.

Seems to have done very well there, and I for one would like to see him back and competing for a place, at least until we see how out January business pans out.

If he looks to be on the fringes again come Feb, it isn't like he can't get out on loan again in Feb.

I think he can't actually go out on loan again in feb. He has reached the maximum amount of days for an 'emergency loan' and the only way he can stay at Plymouth is if they extend it until the end of the season. I think!

Don't know the ins and outs but think I read something in the post this week explaining that.

Archived