IGNORED

Just How Good Are Bournemouth?!

BS4 on Tour...

Not sure where the comparison to our championship play off season under Johnson comes from thkugj? Tight knit squads maybe but Bournemouth are absolutely hammering sides and scoring for fun. Fair play to them.

Callum Wilson from Cov was great business. Amazing to think they nearly went out of the football league a few years back!

For the sake of their fans, I hope the club is sustainable should any ownership change occur.

Their biggest problem should they go up to the Prem, is that, similar to Wigan, they have neither a supporter base nor a large population to draw on. Thus they will always be a minor player in the Prem.

They appear at the moment to be punching above their weight but as their results show, they look good value for going up.

And now another 5 away from home!

Away wins have included scoring 8,6,4,5,5 - that is some record.

Great to see Brett bag a couple, especially the one where he outstripped the defence like an Olympic sprinter before coolly notching!

Just unbelievable to see Bournemouth still up there, despite their rich ownership...

And now another 5 away from home!

Away wins have included scoring 8,6,4,5,5 - that is some record.

Great to see Brett bag a couple, especially the one where he outstripped the defence like an Olympic sprinter before coolly notching!

Just unbelievable to see Bournemouth still up there, despite their rich ownership...

That division is bizarre, and the complete opposite of our own right now.

Only 8 points between 8th place and top of the Championship table, which is technically a four-way tie just now - literally anyone could go up.

Yet there is 26 points between us and Peterborough in 8th below us; a gap that could be mathematically insurmountable by this time next week.

Crazy to think about.

That division is bizarre, and the complete opposite of our own right now.

Only 8 points between 8th place and top of the Championship table, which is technically a four-way tie just now - literally anyone could go up.

Yet there is 26 points between us and Peterborough in 8th below us; a gap that could be mathematically insurmountable by this time next week.

Crazy to think about.

Strange this year, look at 6th downwards in L1 - so many teams still in it. Shame never like that at the top of the prem.

The stadium holds like 10,000. If you compared that to our spending in the Championship, which was the 2nd highest in the league behind QPR, you will see that actually we spent far more.

There is a telegraph article about it somewhere, I shall dig it out for you.

Sorry, that's total rubbish.

Their dodgy Russian owner has pushed their wages to turnover ratio to over 140%, so they spend far, far more than they earn.

This is nowhere near the achievement of Burnley who spent within their means.

I agree, burnley was far more of an achievement.

Did anyone see the highlights of their match on Saturday.  Pitman running 60 yards and beating three defenders to score?  Can't remember him running more than 10 yards for us!  Some of their goals were of the highest quality, and I am looking forward to them in the Premiership next season.

He did that once or twice a match for us then was knackered for the remainder. He looks a stone and a half lighter now though so I guess that helps.

I used to holiday down Bournemouth way quite a lot and it doesn't seem that long ago there were bucket collections everywhere you went as they were in real danger of folding. Nice area but a Premiership football team? Well if Blackpool can do it. Good luck Bournemouth I'd like to see them giving it a go.

A manager who didn't achieve much at Burnley but gets a lower league team with a billionaire owner promoted into the Championship - but only in second place.

I personally thought he was doing a good job at Burnley with the resources at the time There were some big signings he oversaw for them too: Ings and Austin in particular

What you say also completely ignores what he did first time around at Bournemouth and without the Russian's backing (during a transfer embago too weren't it?).

I personally thought he was doing a good job at Burnley with the resources at the time There were some big signings he oversaw for them too: Ings and Austin in particular

What you say also completely ignores what he did first time around at Bournemouth and without the Russian's backing (during a transfer embago too weren't it?).

Doesn't what I wrote remind you of someone else?

I believe they have some serious financial backing.

They are indeed backed by a money rolling powerhouse.

When they got promoted, they all got a fine wedge as a nice 'pat on the back'.

Matt Ritchie is now on silly money too. Probably in the top 10 highest earners in the league.

Wouldn't surprise me if money (and lots of it) for the players are a massive incentive.

But nonetheless, they're doing extremely well without bringing in too many new faces.

Unfashionable on paper, but they look super fit, very organized and extremely determined. Very rarely threatened and line up in the opposing box. It's great to see what they've done and also makes for a good game on TV.

Shame Championship teams like Leeds end up on Sky too often though...

As I've said before, they may have a few quid, but they've spent it well. Can't argue with that, good luck to them, hope they go up

As for Howe struggling at Burnley, I could be wrong here, but I, sure I read somewhere that his mum was really ill back on the south coast, that was a big reason in him moving back. Football is important, but compared to the health of your Mum, doesn't even come close

I'd just like to add.... that Bournemouth have two dodgy Russian owners, not one.

Oh and IMO Wimbledon's rise to the old Division One and FA Cup glory was the greatest rise to the top tier. But then I'm biased.

Chuffed for BoMo. Have lots of friends in the town. It's actually a large metropolitan area - larger than Southampton anyway - and deserves a shot of Prem football.

OK we're lucky to live in a great City with a great team to support ..... but I can't help being slightly envious of Bournemouth...

They've got nice sandy beaches, lovely sea, and a pier or two.... & summer is coming!

But with this comes a ridiculous amount of tourist traffic who haven't got a clue where they are going. Once took me 3 hours to get out of Bournemouth! The beach gets so busy you physically can't sit down anywhere. 

But with this comes a ridiculous amount of tourist traffic who haven't got a clue where they are going. Once took me 3 hours to get out of Bournemouth! The beach gets so busy you physically can't sit down anywhere.

I have one word for you, mate. Southbourne. Long sandy beach, easy parking and away from the tourist lumpen proletariat.

Also, take the Fordingbridge road to escape the bay. Don't go via Poole.

Used to live down there, got married down there, it's was always considered to be Southampton for the Continent Bournemouth for the Incontinent, small club off the football radar, and so they still are, this is a very temporary situation and they just cannot get into the Prem, can they?

You obviously don't know much about the place then. Bournemouth has actually a younger population profile than the average UK City and has more nightclubs than anywhere outside London.

It's Christchurch and the New Forest coast which is the Costa Geriatrica.

Archived